Wednesday, October 02, 2019

SUMMER ON MIRROR LAKE (HONEYMOON HARBOR #3)

Summertime is the best time to lose yourself in the romance of Honeymoon Harbor…

When he lands in the emergency room after collapsing at the funeral of a colleague and friend, Wall Street hotshot Gabriel Mannion initially rejects the diagnosis of an anxiety attack. But when warned that if he doesn’t change his adrenaline-fueled, workaholic lifestyle he could end up like his friend, Gabe reluctantly returns to his hometown of Honeymoon Harbor to regroup.

As he adjusts to the sight of mountains instead of skyscrapers, Gabe discovers advantages to this small Pacific Northwest town he once couldn’t wait to escape. But it’s irresistible librarian Chelsea Prescott who, along with the two foster children she’s taken under her wing, makes slowing down seem like the best prescription ever.

Over the course of their summer romance, Gabe gets a taste of the life he might have had if he’d taken a different path. But with his return to New York City looming on the horizon, he’ll have to choose between the success he’s worked tirelessly for and a ready-made family who offers a very different, richly rewarding future…if he’ll only take the risk. 

Release Date: June 11, 2019
HQN Books
Honeymoon Harbor #3
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Summer on Mirror Lake is the newest book in the Honeymoon Harbor series from Joann Ross. I've been a fan of Ms. Ross for years, and reading the Honeymoon Harbor series of books reminds me why I started reading her books years ago. I have to say the Mannion family might be one of my favorite group of characters ever from Ms. Ross.

I loved Gabe Mannion and was so glad he had come home for the summer to recover following an anxiety attack, after seeing his mentor die from a heart attack. Gabe had been away from home for years, and it took him a bit to get back into the feel of things is his old hometown. I love the small-town feel of Honeymoon Harbor, and have to say local librarian Chelsea Prescott was a favorite character of mine from the beginning.

Chelsea has the biggest heart. She loves taking care of all the kids that come through her library and when 2 foster children start hanging out, she immediately takes them under her wings. She recognizes herself as a big sister in Hannah and I liked the connection from the beginning.I loved the connection between Chelsea and the girls from the beginning. Hailey and Hannah added something extra to the budding romance between Gabe and Chelsea, and there were moments I was absolutely laughing out loud and they tried to figure out have alone time with 2 young children in the house. 

Gabe and Chelsea worked as a couple for me, even as I wondered how two such different people, with different goals could make it work long-term. I thought they had amazing chemistry and I really felt it grew stronger the more time they spent together. My only complaint about this story was I felt like the resolution was rushed a bit. Yes, I wanted it to turn out as it did, but the pacing just seemed a bit fast for me.

Summer on Mirror Lake was another wonderful story from Joann Ross. This story can easily be read as a stand-alone story, but as I adored the other books in this series, I also suggest giving those books a read first. I'm one of those people who doesn’t like to reading books in a series out of order, but know there are many without that issue. Summer on Mirror Lake is the perfect romance for contemporary fans. 


Rating: 4.5 Stars (B+)


No comments: