Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 TOP READS

Liza’s 2019 Top Picks

So I shared my top audiobook picks yesterday, and wanted to spotlight my top picks I read as well. Seriously I was super lucky to read so many amazing books this year, and it was really hard to narrow down my favorites from the 150 books I read this year. These books are in no particular order, and I loved each and every book.

Easy Ride by Breezie Bennett

Breezie Bennett is a new author who has hooked me as a reader from her very first book. Lots of sexy football players, smart women, laughter and tears in each book.

Tomboy by Avery Flynn

We finally got Fallon Hartigan’s story and it was totally worth the wait. She is probably my favorite character every written by Avery Flynn. I own this book in print, digital and audio I love it so much!

Old Dog New Tricks by Roxanne St. Claire

We waited forever for the Dogfather to get his books after he took care of helping his adult children each find their mates. I knew it would be a tough thing for Daniel to love again after his true love Annie had passed away. This story was full of love, along with some laughter and tears. Loved every moment of this story!

Total Surrender/Absolute Pleasure by Erika Wilde

I love the grown up fairy tale series of books from Erika Wilde. Seriously I couldn’t pick which one was my favorite so far, so I had to list them both. Super sexy stories with a bit of intrigue along the way. Highly recommend this series of books!

As Long As I Have You by Bella Andre

We finally got to meet the London part of the Sullivan clan, and I fell just as in love with this part of the family as all the other members of the family. The Sullivan series of books remains some of my favorite stories I’ve ever read.

Dare Me Tonight/More Than Sexy by Carly Phillips

I love the Dare family so much!!! With Dare Me Tonight we got the baby of both family’s story, Sienna Dare. I’ve wanted her story from the beginning and loved seeing her meet her match in Ethan Knight. More Than Sexy wrapped up our Florida Dare siblings with Jason Dare’s story and introduced us to the best friends in his life who are just like brothers to him. Loved both stories so much, I’ve read them each multiple times this year.

Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh

The newest Psy-Changeling book took us back to DarkRiver/SnowDancer territory and I was so freaking happy to be back with so many of my favorite characters. Memory and Alexei’s story was a wonderful addition to the series and I felt like I was coming home with this story.

Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

Honestly one of my favorites in the Mercy Thompson series. I love that Mercy seems to become stronger with each new book. I also really loved the time we got with Mercy and Adam together and seeing Mercy and Mary Jo finally find some peace.

Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev

Seriously this was such an amazing contemporary retelling of Pride & Prejudice. Sonali Dev pulled me in from the very first page and I loved the entire ride. I fell in love with the entire Raje family and can’t wait to read more of their stories in the future.

Black List by Lynn Raye Harirs

The first book with Ian Black’s Bandits, and I totally loved this first book. Loved Jace and Maddy, and especially the times we got to spend with Ian Black. These books have every bit as much suspense as the Hostile Operations Team books, and I can’t wait for future stories.

Nikki’s Top 2019 Picks

2019 was an amazing year filled with great romance books. The titles listed below are in no particular order. It would be difficult to do that because I love them all. I've included links to my reviews for all the novels listed, with the exception of the last trilogy because I haven't written it yet. I hope you find my suggestions helpful in your quest for your next great read!

I've included links to my reviews on the blog for the ones that have a review.

1. Choose Me by RC Boldt


2. Too Good At Goodbyes by RC Boldt


3. Butterfly in Frost by Sylvia Day


4. Love Story Duet by Robin Huber


5. Wages of Sin Duet by Tara Leigh


6. At the Pleasure of the President by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black


7. I Want You Back by Lorelei James


8. Spun Out by Lorelei James


9. The Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles



10. The Sugar Bowl Trilogy by Sawyer Bennett



No comments: