Monday, June 10, 2019

BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN PIECES (SUTTER LAKE #1)

A woman who’s lost everything. 

Taylor is looking for peace and quiet away from the memories of all she’s lost. A small mountain town where no one knows her seems like the perfect escape.

A man battling the ghosts of his past.

Walker loves his life just the way it is. His town, his family, his brothers in blue. Everything simple and easy—until a chance encounter changes it all.

When Taylor’s solitude is interrupted by the rugged cop, they find that the very thing they were avoiding might be just what they both need. As their iron wills clash and passion flares…a killer lurks.

And you never know who might be caught in the crosshairs.

Release Date: February 25, 2019
ThePageSmith, LLC
Sutter Lake #1
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

I am on such a winning streak with new to me authors! In the last month I have added 4 to my list of auto buy authors. Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m crazy picky when it comes to new authors. Catherine Cowles has made my auto buy list!

By page two I knew that I was really going to like the heroine, Taylor. There was something about her vulnerability that just pulled me in. She’s been put through the wringer, and she’s barely staying afloat emotionally. 

Walker Cole. Sweet Baby Jesus, I love this man. He’s ridiculously sweet, but still has that alpha presence that I love in a hero. 

These two are drawn together because of their experiences with grief, but holy hell, the attraction and lust is spicy AF. I really liked that Walker wanted her to see him as a friend first, even though he really wants more. Taylor needed things to move slowly, and she needed someone she could connect with on a friend level. The banter was amazing and made me giggle at times. I love that Walker calls her Short Stack. 

I fell head over heels for the Cole family. They’re nosy and completely lovable. The grandmother is a damn hoot! When she was on the page, I knew a good laugh was coming. 

The suspense aspect was really well done. It provided a shiver worthy creepiness that was fun. 

This book had a solid and interesting plot that kept me glued to the pages. I stayed up way past my bedtime, and I don’t even care about the bags under my eyes. That’s what concealer is for, right? 

I’m about to dive into book 2, which releases into the wild later this month! 

Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: