Thursday, December 05, 2019

LETHAL REDEMPTION (STEELE OPS #2)

Top FBI profiler Grace Steele was just a girl when she escaped the Order of the New Dawn, and she’s spent the last seventeen years trying to forget her time there. But when private security firm Steele Ops needs her help extracting a young woman from the secretive cult’s clutches, she’s all in. Even though the mission requires posing as the fiancée of the only man who’s ever broken her heart.

It’s been nine years since Cade Wright turned his back on his childhood sweetheart, and he’s never stopped regretting it. Now that they’re forced to work together, he knows this is his opportunity to show Grace how much he’s changed. But the deeper they get pulled into New Dawn, the clearer it becomes that the demons still haunting Grace are very real, and Cade will have to risk everything to keep her safe . . . including his own life.

Release Date: November 26, 2019
Forever
Steele Ops #2
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:
When the publisher offered me this book for review, I said yes without realizing that it’s book 2 in a series. I have rules, and one of them is to never read books out of order. So, I quickly went to Amazon and grabbed the first book. And that started my love affair with April Hunt’s books. 

I love the heroine! We meet Grace Steele in the first book and it was so easy to like her. She’s all snark and sass, with a side of kick ass FBI agent. I found myself laughing whenever she was on the page. The banter between her and her male cousins was hilarious. 

Cade, the hero, is drool worthy. He’s super protective of those he loves, and that’s one of my favourite traits in a hero! This is a second chance romance, and Grace and Cade have history. Even when she’s actively trying to stay away from him, the attraction is palpable. The author did a great job of showing these characters vulnerability and hurt, even when they present a tough exterior to the world.

I love romantic suspense novels, and two of my favourite authors that write in this genre are Maya Banks and Pamela Clare. This series by April Hunt has that same “feel” that I get when reading those two authors. Ms. Hunt makes her stories uniquely hers, and her style is her own, but I just get that same thrill. Does that make sense? 

The writing was stellar and the characters were well rounded with a lot of depth to them. This book was action packed, angsty, thrilling, and all kinds of sexy. I’m definitely going to have a peek at this authors backlist! 


Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: