Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A LOVE LIKE YOURS (LOVE STORY DUET #1)

In this compelling, fiercely emotional debut, childhood sweethearts have a second chance at true love--but can they overcome the past that tore them apart?

I've been a fighter all my life, even before I made it my career. As a kid in the foster system, I didn't have any other choice. But I've never fought for something--for someone--as hard as I fought for Lucy. I was her protector, her hero--and she was my everything. From the day we met, she made our grim days in Atlanta's notorious Brighton Park fade away--leaving only us.

But we broke each other's hearts, and we did a damn good job of it. A decade has passed since I last saw her, but not a day goes by that I don't think of her clear blue eyes or easy smile. So when I see her at one of my matches--and find out that she's engaged--I need to understand why she turned her back on me all those years ago. Because no matter what I do, no matter how many guys I knock out in the boxing ring, I can't forget her

So I'm not giving up on her. I'm not walking away.

I'm going to fight for Lucy one last time.

Release Date: May 21, 2019
Forever Yours
Love Story Duet #1
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Sigh. I love a second chance romance novel! I love when the characters journeys come full circle, and they find their way back to each other. A Love Like Yours is one of those stories.


Sam and Lucy both grew up in the foster care system. They became best friends when they were placed in the same home. Over the years, that friendship grew into a romantic love.


You get a real sense that this is true love for Sam and Lucy even at the tender age of 17. They’ve been through the wringer as kids, and they don’t take love for granted. After a series of events rips them apart, they have to learn to live without each other.


Fast forward 10 years and they’ve reunited. The emotion was full on in your face from the moment they see one another. It was obvious that the love they had as teenagers never went away. Man, I was so hopeful for these two from the get go! I wasn’t sure how it was going to work out though. Lucy is engaged to another man, Drew. It would have been so much easier for me to be ok with her breaking up with Drew if he was a douchebag, but he wasn’t. I really liked him. And he really loved Lucy. I knew this was going to get me in the feels, and I was right. 


I started to grow a little tired of Lucy’s back and forth over what she was going to do. I can’t imagine how much her heart was hurting, but I just wanted her to be more steadfast in her decision-making. In real life I imagine that Lucy’s behaviour was pretty accurate though. 


Lucy makes her decision, and there’s definitely a trail of shattered heart pieces left behind. I was so happy, but kinda sad at the same time. Crazy, eh? My feelings were all over the place with this book. 


The story and characters were all really well developed and the writing was spectacular. There’s a cliffhanger at the end, and the story continues in A Story Like Ours. I’m honestly not sure how that one is going to go. I feel like the story could have wrapped up in book 1, but maybe I’ll be surprised and discover that there’s so much more to these characters. Book 2 comes out on June 18th, so stay tuned for my next review! 

Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: