Monday, December 30, 2019

TOP AUDIOBOOK PICKS OF 2019

Liza’s Top Audiobook Picks of 2019

Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Random House Audio)

New to me author and OMG I loved this story so much. I’m really hoping it’s true it will soon be made into a show on Amazon Prime.

Veronica Speedwell series 1 – 4 by Deanna Raybourn (Recorded Books/Audible Audio)

I glommed this series as quickly as I could after listening to the first book in the series. I’m anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!

The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis (Harper Audio)


One of my favorite books ever from Jill Shalvis! The romance was strong in this story, but it’s the sisters’ relationship that makes this such an amazing story.

Protect the Prince by Jennifer Estep (Harper Audio)

Loved the growth of all the characters in this book. I can’t wait to read the 3rd book in 2020!

The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen (Harper Audio)

Somehow this was my first book from Sarah Dessen, and I loved her voice. Her books are classified as YA, but her voice speaks to everyone.

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (Audible Audio)

I really enjoyed this story very much. While I figured out most of the mystery involved in this story rather early on, it was still such an engaging story from start to finish.

Rebel by Beverly Jenkins  (Harper Audio)

I admit it…somehow this is my first book by Ms. Bev. I absolutely loved her voice and was pulled into the story from page one.  Yes Rebel was my first book, but definitely won’t be my last!

Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews (Harper Audio)

I love the Hidden Legacy series of books and really loved the first book with Catalina as the head of House Baylor.

Barenuckle Bastards series by Sarah MacLean (Harper Audio)

I listened to both books after hearing Sarah MacLean speak at RWA in July. I absolutely fell in love with her voice in these books, and can’t wait to see what happens in the 3rd Barenuckle Bastards books.

Well Met by Jen DeLuca (Penguin Audio)


This romantic comedy story was one of the best stories I listened to this year. I actually had tried to get a print copy at RWA at the publisher’s signing and Ms. DeLuca ran out as I got to her table. I have to say it was more than worth the wait to listen to the story!

The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole (Audible Audio)

Alyssa Cole could probably write and updated phone book and I’d love it. Her Reluctant Royals books have been some of my favorites from the very beginning. I grabbed The A.I. Who Loved Me as soon as it hit Audible and loved every minute of this story. I really hope we get more stories in the future with these characters as well.

Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec & Andi Arndt (Audible Originals)

I signed up for Audible Escapes in December and one of the books suggested to me was this book. I literally was laughing out loud as I was grocery shopping and again at work while listening to this story. It hit on all my happy places and I could read about these characters over and over again.


Nikki’s Top Audiobook Picks of 2019

Cold Fury Hockey series by Sawyer Bennett

1. Alex
2. Garrett
3. Zack
4. Ryker
5. Hawks
6. Max
7. Roman
8. Lucas
9. Can
10. Reed
11. Marek
All Tantor Audio
The Cold Fury Series by Sawyer Bennett 


This series was my first foray into Sawyer Bennett’s amazing world of romance novels. It took me a while to get there, I missed the bus so many times, but sweet Baby Jesus...I have arrived! 

I was looking for an audiobook from my local library to fill the silence while I was knitting a blanket, and I downloaded book 1 in the series, Alex. I was floored by how much much I loved it. I’m not typically a fan of sports romance, but the Cold Fury won me over. It’s an 11 book series and I gobbled them all up, in audiobook, over the course of 4 weeks. If I had to pick my favourite, I think it might be Zack. It’s book 3. It’s full of angst and heartbreak...my weakness in romance! I love that the book was narrated by both a man and a woman. All the books are read by Cris Dukehart and Graham Halstead. They did an amazing job bringing the characters to life.


Ethan Frost series by Tracy Wolff

1. Ruined
2. Addicted
3. Exposed
All Tantor Audio
The Ethan Frost series by Tracy Wolff


I really loved this series. It was dark and twisted, and heartbreakingly beautiful. This series deals with some sensitive, possible trigger inducing, topics. But the love story between Ethan and Chloe consumed me until I read all the books. I will say that I wasn’t a huge fan of the narrator, Tess Chalmers. Her voice grated on me a bit. It reminded me of a stereotypical “valley girl” from the 80’s. Sometimes, her voice would pull me out of the story, but most of time I was able to brush it off. 


No comments: