Thursday, November 21, 2019

CHRISTMAS ANGELS

Growing up, Liz Westmoreland dreamed of taking over her grandparents inn located in the small mountain town of Antler Creek only for it to be sold before she ever got the chance. While browsing the internet, she stumbles upon a listing for what looks to be the picturesque inn and it’s set to go to auction. Liz places a bid, and by a miracle, wins the auction. But when she gets there she finds the property in significant disrepair.

When Matt Hardy narrowly lost the inn and property that butted his land, he just hoped it wasn't another city slicker coming to make matters worse after the previous owners gutted the place for an art gallery. But the minute he recognized the sweet, freckle-faced girl from his childhood and heard her plans to reopen the inn, he jumps at the chance to help his childhood crush restore a place where he made so many fond memories.

While working on repairs, Liz and Matt discover her grandmother’s collection of angels in one of the cabins. When the angels start mysteriously showing up all over the inn, she begins to look at them as reassurance—that restoring the inn is what she's meant to do. But when an accident leaves Liz feeling like she made a mistake, will Matt—and the residents of Antler Creek—be able to show Liz that she's found a home? And possibly true love as well?

Release Date: October 15, 2019
St. Martin's Griffin
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Christmas Angels is the newest Christmas story from Nancy Naigle. I wanted to read this story as soon as it hit my kindle, but I needed to get a little closer to Christmas to be in the right frame of mind. I love Ms. Naigle has written Christmas stories over the past few years, and I always look forward to her newest sweet and emotional Christmas story each year. 

I loved Liz Westmoreland from the moment she appeared on the page. She is such a strong woman, who knows exactly what she wants out of life and has worked hard for years so she can finally live her dream of owning her grandparents' former inn Angel's Rest. However, after arriving, she quickly realizes there is way more work needed than she had anticipated.

Luckily, Matt Hardy is back in Antler Creek and is the perfect person to help Liz with her dreams. I have to say I absolutely loved that Matt had a huge crush on Liz when they were kids and she would come to visit her grandparents. After learning about Matt's background with his most recent ex, I really worried about him giving Liz enough of a chance as she was also from the city, but I was so glad I was wrong about how Matt would act.

I loved the fact that Matt and Liz totally were friends first, even though they both felt an attraction to each other. I also absolutely loved the townspeople of Antler Creek. Seriously made me miss my own small town hometown as I grew up in a town where neighbors helped each other all the time just to help out. I had all the happy sighs while reading Christmas Angels.

Christmas Angels is another winner from Nancy Naigle. As with so many of her other Christmas stories, I absolutely feel like I'm living in a Hallmark Christmas movie, and I love every single minute of each story. I adore Nancy's voice in each new book and highly suggest her books to romance fans who love sweet and emotional stories.

Rating: 5 Stars (B+)
 ***Amazon Associates Link***

No comments: