Sunday, May 12, 2019

CRUEL SANCTUARY (WAGES OF SIN #1)

They say New York City is the Devil’s Playground.
They’re wrong.
This city belongs to me.
And so does Aislinn Granville. 
She is a pampered politician’s daughter.
A decorative ornament, raised to smile and nod and do what she’s told.
Except… she doesn’t. Not with me. Ever.
In this city full of thugs and thieves, I’ve kept Aislinn safe.
From my enemies.
From me.
Until now.



Release Date: March 22, 2019
Tara Leigh Books
Wages of Sin #1
Erotic Romance/Dark Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Let me start by saying that Tara Leigh is fucking rockstar. She is an auto buy for me and life stops when her books hit my Kindle.

I didn’t think it was possible for Tara to write a hero that I loved more than rockstar god, Landon, from Rock Legend, but I’m pretty sure Damon King is now tied with him. Mmmm, I would absolutely love to be the middle of a Landon Cox and Damon King sandwich. Is it getting hot in here or is just me? 🥵

This duet is different from Tara’s other books. It’s darker and grittier. Damon King is the very definition of an anti-hero. But let me tell you, if I was going to go to the dark side, I’d want to go with him! 

Aislinn is more straight laced and has a strong good girl vibe going. Lucky her, she’s gets to get dirty and freaky with Damon. 

When these two come together the chemistry is as hot as fire. And by fire, I mean set the bed on fire hot...literally. Underneath Aislinn’s prim exterior there’s a sassy and stubborn headed woman ready to explode. I just loved her! 

Damon has his fingers in all sorts of questionable and down right illegal activities, but you can’t help but like him. He’s gruff and growly, and sexy AF! In his quest to protect Aislinn from men who really are the bad guys, he decides that this little spitfire of a woman is his to claim in every freakin’ way.

Damon is all kinds of raunchy and filthy. Like, drop your panties with just the wink of an eye filthy. And Aislinn drops hers...a lot!

This book was everything I like in a darker romance. The hero and heroine were both flawed and searching for something, even if they don’t know it. And the road to an HEA is going to be more intense. WARNING! This is the first book in the duet and there is a cliffhanger. If you’re like me and cliffhangers make you stabby, don’t panic, the conclusion, Corrupt Savior is available tomorrow, May 13th! I was fortunate to be able to read these books together, which is a good thing, because you know, stabby. 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

No comments: