Thursday, November 07, 2013

Snowbound with the CEO


Snowbound with the CEO is the newest release from Shannon Stacey. The publisher is Carina Press and the release date is November 4, 2013. From the Carina Press website.~
Adrian Blackstone built a million-dollar business with hard work and determination—and by remaining professional at all times. Denying his longtime attraction to his beautiful executive assistant hasn't been easy but it's necessary. She's indispensable, and he can't stand the thought of losing her if things didn't work out.
For more than a year, Rachel Carter has been quietly dreaming of all the ways she'll never seduce her sexy, buttoned-up boss. She's worked too hard to get where she is to cross that line, no matter how badly she'd like to act on her fantasies. But then a wicked snowstorm leaves them stranded in a romantic winter wonderland…
What begins as a single kiss and a few bad Santa jokes turns into a weekend full of breathless passion and hopes for something more. But with Monday comes a return to their complicated reality—and Adrian must prove that promises made are promises kept, especially at Christmastime.
I was lucky enough to get a review copy from the publisher through NetGalley. Shannon Stacey has been an auto-buy author for me since I read her first Kowalski book. 
Snowbound with the CEO was about new characters and I loved it. Rachel and Adrian have been working together for 16 months and fighting their mutual attraction the entire time. Rachel has never had a better job and Adrian has never had a better assistant. All bets are off when a snowstorm keeps them snowed in for the weekend at a super romantic resort. The chemistry between Rachel and Adrian was there even before they acted on their feelings. I will say I worried how they would both react once they got back into the office following their super romantic weekend and I honestly wasn't surprised they both messed it up come Monday morning. They ended their weekend with steamy kisses and started the workweek as if they had never spent the weekend together. I have to say I was more mad at Adrian initially, since I knew Rachel would take her lead from him, since he is her boss. Even with multiple misunderstanding between them, I was so hoping Rachel and Adrian would both finally admit their real feelings for one another. They totally worked for me as a couple and I knew they were perfect together both at work and at home.
I'm super excited the next release from Ms. Stacey is Liz Kowalski's book Love a Little Sideways. I feel like I've been waiting for it forever and have already pre-ordered my copy.

No comments: