Friday, January 22, 2016

LOVE SO PERFECT (LAWSON BROTHERS #5)

Star quarterback Austin Lawson’s dating life is fair game to the myriad gossip bloggers. Thanks to his most recent screw up with a social media savvy super model, he’s forced to return home so that his PR team can do damage control. To help speed things along, he volunteers at Jessamine Elementary School, never dreaming he’d find the perfect solution to his image problem in Harper Bell. Sweet as anything, she’s star struck by him and agrees to date-after-date, never suspecting the real reason he wants to be with her. But as things begin to heat up between them, Austin realizes that he wants Harper for more than just a quick fix.

Harper Bell is perfectly content as a second grade teacher in the small town of Jessamine—until she meets the one man who makes her question her lack of social life. She never dreamed that sexy, hometown hero Austin Lawson would ever notice a plain-Jane like herself. And with one hot kiss, she begins to fall head over heels for him…until she learns the truth. Austin’s been using her.

Now Austin has to execute the perfect play to win back the girl of his dreams. Or will Harper bench him permanently?

Release Date: January 12, 2016
Valentine Publishing, LLC
Lawson Brothers #5
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I have to say I've loved each and every book in the Lawson Brothers series, and Love So Perfect was another winner for me. While we haven't seen much of Austin Lawson so far in the series, since he is an NFL quarterback, I was pretty happy he was the next brother to get his story.

While I hated how Austin was set up on social media, I loved that he went home to stay out of the media's prying eyes. I love he decided to volunteer at the Jessamine Elementary School and as soon as he saw Harper Bell he was totally hooked. I loved that Austin wanted to be with Harper from the very beginning. It was so cute to watch the big-time football player fall for a woman who had no idea who he was other than one of the Lawson brothers.

We'd met Harper Bell briefly in Tristan and Lemon's book and while I knew she was Lemon's cousin, she was as far away from a McCoy woman as Lemon was. Maybe that's why I loved Harper so much from the very beginning. She loves teaching school and is perfectly happy living Jessamine. While Harper wants to find the love of her life, she was pretty happy as she was and I liked that strength about her.

Harper and Austin had pretty great chemistry from the very beginning. I'll say I was mad at Austin for not being up front with Harper about why he had come home, but also understood he didn't want what had happened in his past to possibly effect what could happen between them. I loved that Austin and Harper's relationship moved slowly. Honestly I wouldn't have bought Harper jumping into bed with Austin to fast, even though she totally was attracted to him. I think I totally fell in love with Austin when he nursed a sick Harper for days in a row yet had his brother drop him off so no one would see his truck and think badly of Harper. Yes, that could totally be an issue in a small town.

I really loved everything about Love So Perfect. I loved that Harper and Austin went from friends to lovers. I loved Austin didn't want to change anything about Harper and wanted to protect her. I also loved that even though Austin messed up in a big way, he also apologizes in a big way as well.  Love So Perfect was an absolutely perfect sweet and sexy romance.



BUY LINKS:

Google Play: http://bit.ly/1ULMgU5




No comments: