Monday, January 04, 2016

HEADED FOR TROUBLE (THE MCKAY'S #1)

SHE'S A SMALL-TOWN GIRL WITH BIG DREAMS.

Nine years ago, Neve McKay fled her small Southern town and disapproving family to seek a career in the big city. Now she's finally coming home - and hoping for a fresh start. But the relationship that shattered her world still haunts her. And even among her nearest and dearest, she doesn't feel safe.

CAN THIS BAD BOY BE THE ANSWER TO HER PRAYERS?

Ian Campbell is a pure Scottish muscle - as hard and handsome as they come. But when Neve walks into his bar, his heart melts . . . and he vows to have this gorgeous and somewhat vulnerable woman in his life - for better or for worse. What is Neve's tragic secret? And how can Neve expect Ian to protect her, when doing so could put his own life at risk? The only thing Ian knows for sure is that he will do whatever it takes to keep her out of harm's way - and in his loving arms.

Release Date: December 29, 2015
St. Martin's Press
The McKay's #1
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I'm a huge fan of Shiloh Walker and especially love her romantic suspense novels. Headed for Trouble hit every single one of my favorite elements in her books.

First let me say how much I absolutely loved both Neve and Ian as individuals and as a couple. While Neve doesn't see herself as very strong, she is hands down one of the strongest characters in this book. She has been through hell and back and is not only still standing, but living again. Yes she has some major issues to still work through, but I felt she only grew stronger as the story progressed. Ian Campbell totally makes me sigh a dreamy sigh. I loved that he totally got Neve from the beginning and wanted to love and protect her even before he knew all the facts from her past. I also really loved that he really did try to stay away from Neve when he found out she was his best friend's Brannon's younger sister. It was super sweet and totally unnecessary, but I still loved it. The chemistry between Neve and Ian was also off the charts hot and only grew hotter the more time they spent together.

I also loved watching Neve reconnect with her sister Moira and her brother Brannon. She left after a huge argument years ago and has very little contact with her family since she left home. While part of it was her fault initially, her ex-boyfriend William was the main reason. I seriously wanted to drop kick him off the side of a cliff even before I knew everything he had done to Neve and more so after finding out more about his history. Seriously I loved to hate this character so much. I wasn't a very big fan of Moira's ex-husband Charles either and really think there is more to him than what we were shown in Headed for Trouble.

I did however love Gideon, who is Moira's ex-boyfriend from high school and Neve's friend as well as Hannah, who was friends with Neve in high school and has always had a crush on Brannon. I can't wait to see what happens between Brannon and Hannah and Moira and Gideon in the next two books in the series.

Headed for Trouble was a great start for the newest trilogy from Shiloh Walker. I found myself falling more in love with each of the main characters as I read and trying to figure out everything that was going on in the background as well. 


No comments: