Tuesday, January 19, 2016

HOT PROTECTOR (HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM #10)

Sometimes the forbidden is impossible to resist… 

The 10th novel in the bestselling Hostile Operations Team series. Chase “Fiddler” Daniels finds himself on the run with Sophie Nash—the step-sister he loves to hate. Protecting Sophie from a Russian mobster shouldn’t be too hard. Protecting himself from Sophie’s charm? Somehow, that’s a whole lot harder… 

Release Date: January 19, 2016
H.O.T. Publishing, LLC
Hostile Operations Team #10
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I'm a huge fan of the Hostile Operations Team series from Lynn Raye Harris. I'm not going to lie when I saw it was a step-brother/step-sister romance, I almost stopped reading. However, since I'm such a fan of the author and the characters from this series, I kept reading, and I'm so glad I did. Hot Protector is one of my favorite books in the series.

Hot Protector was a super fast-paced story. As with all the Hostile Operations Team books, there is plenty of action, though this is from Russian mobsters rather than a military mission. I was excited for Chase "Fiddler" Daniels to get his story. I loved that even though he didn't like Sophie from when they were kids, he stepped up to protect her as soon as he realized she was in trouble. I have to say based on the history between them, I could understand if he had turned her away, but his mama raised him better than that and it was just another reason I fell in love with him.

Sophie had always tried to be friends with Chase when he came out to spend the few summers with his biological father, who happens to be Sophie's adopted father. Chase is the first person she thinks of when she realizes she is in over her head. While I felt like she was pretty naive to not figure out Grigori was a bad person sooner, but she did pick a great guy with Chase to get help when she needed it most.

Again the step-brother/step-sister thing almost put me off, but after hearing they only saw each other for 3 summers and limited amount of time then, I no longer really felt like they ever had a true sibling-type relationship. I could tell from the very beginning that both Sophie and Chase were attracted to one another and it really made me laugh as they each tried to fight their attraction. OMG the chemistry between Sophie and Chase was off the charts hot! Seriously my kindle screen steamed up anytime Chase and Sophie touched each other. Even while on the run they couldn't keep their hands off each other. I also love both Chase and Sophie were super protective of each other, but especially Chase. I really felt like it was one of the sweetest parts of his character.

While the Hostile Operations Team couldn't really officially be involved since not a military mission, former and current H.O.T. members always have each other's backs. I loved getting to spend time with some of my favorite characters from past books and have to say I'm more in love with Col. Mendez than I was before. I love we get to see his romance with Sam build a little with each book. 

Hot Protector is the perfect read for anyone who enjoys a hot and sexy romance with suspense and action thrown in. I can't wait to see which H.O.T. member gets the next book and where Ms. Harris takes us.



No comments: