Sunday, May 02, 2010

Tut tut it looks like rain

So since yesterday, Nashville has had over 13" of rain. I had no idea when I was driving home yesterday afternoon how bad things were on the interstate. Luckily, I had decided to exit and take back roads home from the book signing, or I could have been caught in the biggest flooded area on I-24. TDOT pulled over 125 cars off the interstate that were caught in the flood waters. Of course, I still ended up driving through some high water, but was lucky enough to make it home with no problems.

I've been watching the weather almost non-stop since yesterday afternoon just trying to keep up with all that is going on. I did take some time today to watch a few shows on my DVR when I became too frustrated watching all the flooding. Needless to say, I didn't get any reading done this weekend nor any reviews written for my blog. I had also planned on trying to change up my blog this weekend, but was so freaked out about the weather, I just watched the news. Prayers going out to everyone in the flooded areas.

No comments: