Monday, May 24, 2010

Re-reading favorites

So I have pretty much just been re-reading books from JD Robb's In Death series for the majority of this month. Actually, other than reading Demon Ex Machina at the beginning of the month, and a manuscript not yet published, I've only read books from the In Death series. I managed to re-read the first three books in the series in the past week and it made me remember how much I absolutely love Eve Dallas, Roarke, and all the other characters we get to meet in this series (not that I ever really forget how much I love these characters). I could very easily re-read the entire series and be completely happy. However, I have so many books in my house that I haven't read yet, I'm going back to my mountain of books I haven't read and picking something.

I decided to read a YA book for a change, since I haven't read one in a while. One of my favorite YA series I've read is The House of Night series by PC Cast & Kristin Cast. Based on a recommendation by my friend Paula, I moved the 2 books I have yet to read to the top of my TBR pile. I love the Zoey Redbird and her friends and am so excited to get back into this series with Tempted. I held off reading Tempted until now and already have Burned, the next book in the series on my bookshelf. Already totally sucked back in to the series and can't wait to see what happens over the next 2 books.

I also still need to post my thoughts about Lover Mine. Honestly, I don't know that I could actually say anything about LM that hasn't already been said. I'm still trying to get my thoughts together so I say more than just I totally loved this story, but not quite there yet. Hope to find time over the long holiday weekend to post.

5 comments:

Paula R said...

Hey Liza, so what do you think about Tempted? My heart raced throughout the entire book, and I was sooooooo glad that I waited until I had Burned to read it. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have it after I finished Tempted.

I love me some Eve and Roarke too, so I might be doing another re-read of that pretty soon. I still haven't read Kindred in Death yet or the novella in Lost, but I might go back to the beginning before racing through Kindred.

Happy reading!!

Peace and love,
Paula R.

mslizalou said...

Paula, I'm loving Tempted so far. Just wish I had more time to read. Burned is up next and then I'll be back to looking at my towering TBR mountain. Really think re-reading some Eve and Roarke got me back on track. ;)

Paula R said...

You can always continue with the Grace Valley book by Robyn Carr, but make sure you have the first one. There are three, Down by the River, Just Over the Mountain and Deep in the Valley.

I will introduce you to her in Orlando.

Peace and love,
Paula R.

mslizalou said...

I have the first one, and would love to meet Robyn in Orlando. Sounds like you will be introducing me to lots of new people. :)

Paula R said...

I will see what I can do...LOL!!!

Peace and love,
Paula R.