Thursday, June 06, 2019

WOLF RAIN (PSY-CHANGELING TRINITY #3)

The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future generations. But trust is broken, and the alliance between Psy, Changeling, and human is thin. The problems that led to Silence are back in full force. Because Silence fixed nothing, just hid the problems.

This time, the Psy have to find a real answer to their problems–if one exists. Or their race will soon go extinct in a cascade of violence. The answer begins with an empath who is attuned to monsters–and who is going to charm a wolf into loving her despite his own demons. 

Release Date: June 4, 2019
Berkley Romance
Psy-Changeling #18, Psy-Changeling Trinity #3
Paranormal Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I was so excited to see we would be back with the SnowDancer and DarkRiver packs in Wolf Rain. While I love branching out into other parts of the world and packs from other areas, I have to say being with these two packs always makes my heart happy. Add in a kick-ass Psy in Memory, and you had me in my happy place.

I loved Memory was a fighter from the moment Alexei discovered her in a prison deep underground in SnowDancer territory. Yes she is initially fearful and slow to trust him, yet with her emphatic abilities, she sees parts of Alexei he can't even see about himself. I was pulled into this story quickly as I could feel their connection from the moment they met. They were both attracted to one another, and it seemed like they each found a sense of peace just being near the other. I worried they each would let past experiences shape the possibility of their future together, as Memory had been forced to work with a psychopath and him concerns of following in his brother's footsteps and becoming rogue. I loved that Alexei saw a strength in Memory from the beginning she didn't even see in herself.

I honestly felt like this book was written more along the lines of the earlier books in the series and I just felt like I was coming home. I adore the Psy-Changeling series so much and it was fun to see some of my favorite characters from past books, while still having Memory and Alexei's story as the focus of the story. I loved seeing Memory grow stronger with both her Psy abilities and her inner strength with each passing day. She made so many connections with new friends for the first time in her life and you could see her blossom on the page. Alexei seemed to change the more time they were together, as it seemed like wolf recognized Memory even before he did. With so many men in Alexei's family going rogue and Memory witnessing her mother's murder then being imprisoned by said murderer, they each had many emotions to work through. While they each had understandable anger issues, they seemed to work through them better when together. 

 I'm glad to see with the new E sub-designation, the Psy are seeing a light at the end of a very dark tunnel when it comes to stabilizing the PsyNet, Not that Memory can do it alone, but I felt like they at least have a chance to keep the PsyNet going a bit longer thanks to Memory. 

The Psy-Changeling series remains one of my favorites and an auto-buy for me. I love it so much I tend to buy in both print and audiobook. Wolf Rain was a wonderful addition to the Psy-Changeling series of books filled with action, romance, laughter, and tears.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

No comments: