Wednesday, June 12, 2019

SMITTEN BY THE BRIT(SOMETIMES IN LOVE #2)

DEFINITELY, MAYBE...OR LOVE, ACTUALLY? 

English professor Bonnie Blythe expects her life to play out like her favorite novels, especially now that her long-term boyfriend has finally proposed. So when a shocking discovery leads Bonnie to end her engagement, she decides to close the book on love. But the plot thickens when a brand-new character enters the scene—and quickens Bonnie's heart.

With his brilliant blue eyes, sexy accent, and irresistible charm, Theo Wharton is like a romantic hero straight out of a Jane Austen novel. When fate places Bonnie in England for a summer—conveniently close to Theo—she realizes a hot friends-with-benefits fling is exactly what she needs to start a fresh chapter. Just as Bonnie begins to believe she's falling in love, an eye-opening revelation into Theo's life makes Bonnie feel like she's wandered into one of her favorite books. Will Bonnie have the courage to risk her heart and turn the page with the dashing Brit to find her true happy ending after all?

Release Date: May 28, 2019
St. Martin's Press
Sometimes in Love #2
Contemporary romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

Melonie Johnson returns with the second book in her Sometimes in Love series of books with Smitten by the Brit. I won't lie, I wanted Bonnie and Theo to get together from the moment they met each other. Even without meeting her fiancé Gabe, there was just something about Bonnie and Theo I loved. 

I enjoyed Smitten by the Brit a great deal. I already liked the characters from meeting them in the first book. I have to say I did feel that Bonnie was a bit naive about many things, but overall it was an endearing quality rather than a negative. I have to say I wanted to throat punch her ex when I saw what he had been up to, and thought Bonnie handled the entire situation way better than most. Her dad offering to kill Gabe made me laugh out loud while I was reading at work. Honestly, I liked Bonnie when we first met her, but loved her after seeing her pick herself up and move on after her well-ordered world was destroyed.

Theo Wharton is not only a super sexy Brit, but an actual Duke as well! OMG he was completely swoon-worthy from the very first. However being the Duke of Emberton comes with many responsibilities, and sadly he normally has to put his desires on the back burner to take care of his family and all the families that depend on their estate for their livelihoods. However, when Theo is with Bonnie, he can just be Theo and have some happiness. She doesn't care he is a Duke and honestly was attracted to him long before she knew anything about him.

I enjoyed watching Theo and Bonnie fall for one another. I do wish the story had moved along a little bit faster, as it did seem to drag at times. I loved how much chemistry was there anytime they were together and found myself falling in love with them as a couple. I also loved getting to spend time with all of Bonnie's friends again in this book, and meeting all of Theo's sisters. Overall, Smitten by the Brit was an enjoyable story and I look forward to reading the third book in this series.

Rating: 4 Stars (B-)


No comments: