Friday, July 15, 2016

I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE (TEXAS KINGS #3)

WILD AT HEART

Faith Mendes needs to get her life in order and get a job--yesterday. Thankfully, the live-in house-keeper position at the King brothers' ranch is up for grabs. Problem is, she'd be working with her old childhood crush, Nate King. He's sexy, wealthy, and his Texas-sized charms are legendary...and, clearly, impossible to resist.

Nate never thought twice about his best friend's little sister. Back then, Faith was off-limits. But now that she's all grown up, Nate's whole world has turned upside-down. Razor-sharp, down-to-earth, and hotter-than-heck, Faith is everything Nate has ever dreamed of in a woman...and maybe even in a wife. But Faith has loved and lost enough already to risk it all on another known bad-boy. How can Nate convince her that he is the real deal--and that he's ready to rein it in and never look back?

Release Date: June 28, 2016
St. Martin's Press
Texas Kings #3
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Soraya Lane is a new to me author and I was really excited to give I Knew You Were Trouble a try. I usually don't read books in a series out of order, but can say with complete honesty that it reads well as a stand-alone story. I will say after meeting all of the King brothers, I want to go back and read the first 2 books in the series.

I enjoyed I Knew You Were Trouble. I loved that Faith and Nate had both been attracted to one another since they were in their teens. Yes Nate is Faith's big brother's best friend and he promised never to touch her, but they are all grown up now, so I didn't get the big deal with them being together now. Faith and Nate had amazing chemistry and I totally loved them as a couple. I wish they had communicated better with one another sooner, and was more than ready when they finally started listening to one another. I will say I loved that Faith was strong enough to not settle for less than she deserved and I loved her giving Nate the wake up call he needed.

I Knew You Were Trouble was an enjoyable contemporary romance. I liked Ms. Lane's voice and look forward to reading more books from her in the future.

3 Stars (B-)


No comments: