Friday, July 08, 2016

BAD BITCH (BAD BITCH #1)

They call me the Bad Bitch. A lesser woman might get her panties in a twist over it, but me? I'm the one who does the twisting. Whether it's in the courtroom or in the bedroom, I've never let anyone - much less a man - get the upper hand.

Except for that jerk attorney Lincoln Granade. He's dark, mysterious, smoking hot and sexy as hell. He's nothing but a bad, bad boy playing the part of an up and coming premiere attorney. I'm not worried about losing in a head to head battle with this guy. But he gets me all hot and bothered in a way no man has ever done before. I don't like a person being under my skin this much. It makes me want to let go of all control, makes me want to give in. This dangerous man makes me want to submit to him completely, again, and again, and again...

Release Date: July 5, 2016
Bad Bitch #1
Contemporary Romance
Swerve
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Christina Saunders is a new to me author. I'd heard much about the Bad Bitch series from the publisher, so I decided to give the first book in the series a try.

I enjoyed Bad Bitch overall, but didn't love it as much as I did when I first started reading the story. I really liked Evangeline and loved that she didn't take any crap off of anyone. Enter Lincoln, who is just as much a badass as Evangeline. I loved how hot their chemistry was from the moment they met one another. They had smoking hot sex pretty much anytime they were alone in a room together, and even had a few tender moments I didn't expect from either of them. However, the lawsuit seemed to go off the rails for me pretty early on. I got Evangeline was defending a scumbag who had stolen money from the elderly and Lincoln was the prosecutor, but I wasn't a huge fan of adding in the mob connection. It honestly took away my enjoyment of the story. I loved the romance, but hated the lawsuit stuff, and I usually love legal romances.

I do plan on reading the next 2 books in the Bad Bitch series, and I can't wait to learn more about Lincoln's brothers. While I didn't love every aspect of Bad Bitch, I did really enjoy the author's voice overall and will read more books from her in the future.

Rating: 3.5 stars (B-)


No comments: