Friday, December 04, 2015

ONLY FOR THE WEEKEND (IF ONLY #1)

Jane Jacobs is ready for a change. She’s determined that a history of lackluster relationships and even more lackluster pleasure will end this weekend, when she meets the Dom her best friend has set her up with. Exploring dominance and submission with her blind “date” could answer all her questions—and help her forget the one man she wants to master her.

With his band on hiatus, Vincent O’Connell grabs the chance to visit his sister in Vegas, but she wants a favor more than a family reunion. V.’s not above indulging himself with a willing sub, but when he realizes the sub is his sister’s best friend, Jane, all his instincts scream at him to back out—and fast.

V knows Jane; she’s young, pretty, sweet. Definitely sub material—for someone else. But one look at her on her knees and all the reasons to avoid her disappear. She needs a Dom to guide her, and he needs to indulge himself with just a taste. After all, it's only for the weekend.



Release date: December 4, 2015
If Only #1
Novella Length Story
Review copy provided by the author for an honest review

Nikki’s Review:

I always get this giddy feeling in my tummy when an Ella Sheridan book lands on my reader. I know I'm going to be sucked into the story and I won't be able to come up for air until the last page. This book was no different!

I love a book where the hero and heroine have history! It may not be good history, but there's a story there. I like seeing what has made them into the people they are. That's what you get with Jane and Vincent (V). He rejected her advances years before and shattered her young heart. Of course, there's a story there, a reason why. 

The banter in this book between V and his sister, Kennedy, was fabulous! I laughed out loud and found myself visualizing all the facial expressions during that pivotal conversation. The conversation to set up Janes wild introduction into BDSM. I understood V's need to have anonymity, the need to wear a mask. He knew he had crushed Janes heart, and he was nervous that she'd tuck tail and run! That was a fun twist, keeping the heroine in the dark about who her lover really was. Seeing Jane open up and discover the freedom in her sexuality was beautiful. And knowing that V was taking care of her, that he felt something for her made it incredibly sensual.

Ok, let's get to the good stuff. I'm talking about the sweaty, make your mascara run down your face, praise the gods, hot smokin' sexy times! This book is about the heroines need to explore her submissive needs. Her first taste of BDSM. As a reader, I felt like I was on that journey with Jane. This is a great book to read if you're looking for something that'll let you get your toes wet with the kinky side of sex. V was delicious. I could hear his low rumbling commands in my head. That man knows his way around breasts! Seriously, it was mind blowing how much attention he paid them! Everything about the love scenes made me all giggly and happy. The way V played Janes body like an instrument. And the way she instinctively trusted him. Sigh...it was so good!


I would really like to see V's sister, Kennedy, get her own book. She was spunky and I loved her! This book was a fairly quick read and filled with all the things that make me close my reader with a smile on my face. Likeable characters, great banter/conversation, and a well-written story kept things moving beautifully. That is what always brings me back to Ms. Sheridan's books! 

No comments: