Saturday, November 21, 2015

ROCKY MOUNTAIN SHELTER

Innocence and passion are an addictive mix...

The dark-haired stranger next door triggers every protective instinct Trevor Coleman never knew he had. From the moment Becky Hall literally falls into his arms, the last man standing of the Moonshine clan doesn't even attempt to resist sweet temptation. Becky is beautiful, mysterious and heartbreakingly vulnerable…and he's a goner.

To escape the hell she was trapped in, Becky left everything behind but her courage. And for once in her life, good people step up to make a difference. A helping hand, a new job…a very attentive and libido–stroking neighbour. Now a new future awaits, one that shockingly includes sexual pleasure instead of icy pain, and a sexy cowboy who’s more than eager to show her the ropes.

Becky’s sweet smiles and seductive innocence draw him in like nectar, and Trevor knows one taste will never be enough. But with secrets growing thicker than a bumper crop, changing a life will take more than a new ID and a cowboy’s good intentions.

It's gonna take sacrifice to break these chains.

Warning: boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl—all hell breaks loose. We’ve got a hero whose hands are tied in more ways than one. A heroine who wants to experience everything she's ever missed, and a family that needs to discover if its roots go deep enough to weather any storm. 

Release Date: November 17, 2015
Six Pack Ranch #8 Rocky Mountain House #11
Vivian Arend
Review copy provided by author for honest review

I found Vivian Arend books late, as in there were 6 books in the Six Pack Ranch series already out when I discovered her books. I now devour her books as soon as they hit my kindle. I will say right off the bat there are lots of Colemans between the different branches of the family, and I need the refresher as to which members belong to with family each time. 

I really enjoyed Rocky Mountain Shelter. Becky and Trevor are such a sweet couple. I loved that Trevor worked to be Becky's friend first and was willing to take things as slowly as she needed to make sure she was completely comfortable. I honestly didn't think Becky was all that strong a character when we first met her, but ended up seeing how strong her inner strength truly made her. 

With the Six Pack Ranch books, I've come to expect a certain heat level between the couples, and while Trevor and Becky were mostly on the sweet side because of her past, I loved that the longer they were together, the more she wanted to explore to see what would work for her and them as a couple. Seriously haven't laughed so hard at a couple shopping in a sex toyshop in my entire life as I did when Becky was seeing toys for the first time and finding out their uses. 

I also loved how accepting the Coleman clan was with Becky and how they immediately counted her as one of theirs from pretty much the moment she arrived. With her past, I think having an instant family connection made it so much easier for her to move on with her life. 

I love each book in the Rocky Mountain House/Six Pack Ranch series. I honestly get drawn into the Coleman family and as I finish each new book, I want to go back and re-read the entire series. 

PURCHASE LINKS




No comments: