Thursday, November 19, 2015

DARE TO SEDUCE (DARE TO LOVE #8)

Lucy Dare & Max Savage
NY Dare cousins … the hotter Dare books!

Max Savage has had a thing for Lucy Dare for as long as he can remember but he values his long-standing friendship with her brothers too much to cross the line. When Lucy shows up at an engagement party on the arms of another man, Max doesn’t like the changes he sees in her.
It’s now or never. Max can think of one way to convince Lucy she’s with the wrong guy. He’ll dare to seduce her …

Release Date: November 17, 2015
Dare to Love #8
CP Publishing
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I adore the Dare to Love series by Carly Phillips. Seriously don't want to do anything but read from the moment the book hits my kindle until I finish the last page every single time. Dare to Seduce was no different.

I've wanted Lucy Dare to get her story since we first met her in Dare to Surrender. She was so feisty and fun-loving, I couldn't wait to read her story. Imagine my surprise when we see Lucy again in Dare to Seduce and she was almost subdued rather than the vivacious person in the earlier books. I totally got Lucy and loved watching her turn back into the real Lucy Dare once she was back in New York and Max was back in her life.

I absolutely loved Max Savage from the moment we met him as well. I knew he was attracted to Lucy and totally understood his hesitancy based upon her brothers, not only being his best friends, but their protective nature when it came to Lucy. However, I knew Max and Lucy would be awesome together and I was so glad Max finally made his move. 

Max and Lucy have amazing chemistry and it only grew hotter as they spent more time together. I loved that Max totally understood Lucy's fear of losing people and got that was the reason she kept her distance from her family and picked men she couldn't love in the past. As Max had a few abandonment issues himself from childhood, he not only understood Lucy, but had experienced those same feelings. I loved that Max was willing to be patient and respectful with Lucy's issues, while still showing her how much he loved her. Add in the absolutely smoking hot sex between them, and Max and Lucy are one of my favorite couples in the series. 

Dare to Seduce is another winner in the Dare to Love series. While it can totally be read as a stand-alone story, I think readers will understand more of the family dynamics by reading Dare to Surrender and Dare to Submit first. 

Nikki’s Review:

Sometimes when I pick up a book, I get a sense of coming home. Comfort and joy. When Dare to Seduce landed in my hands, all of those feelings came rushing forward. From the beginning of this series, I've been entranced by every word. 

Lucy and Max are cut from the same cloth. Both are struggling with their own perceptions of guilt and grief, for separate reasons. But one thing has never wavered, their burning love for each other. Though neither has any idea of how the other feels. I love a story that centres around childhood friends falling in love. The best friend of the older brother falling for the younger sister. It feels almost like a natural progression of falling in love. When things come to a point where Max is ready to make Lucy his, my heart flip flopped! He's tried to stay away. He even married another woman for all the wrong reasons. But his wife is gone and he's ready to give his heart to the woman it's always belonged to. Sweet Jesus, I fell so hard for Max. He's uber alpha and sex on a freakin' stick. Is it weird to lust after a fictional character? 

I'll admit, I struggled a bit with Lucy. I was frustrated with her, and since I'm protective of Max, I kinda wanted to shake some damn sense into her. I found Lucy wishy washy...hot and cold. I felt like, at times, that she had Max trailing behind her, begging for a morsel of affection and acceptance of the love that is clearly there. But this is what made the story so damn great! Carly Phillips needed to make Lucy this way. Lucy has been wearing her parents’ death on her sleeve for so long and the fear of losing someone else that she loves is palpable. It wouldn't have worked if she gave in so easily. Max is struggling with similar pains, but his way of finding peace is to embrace love, grab it by the balls and hold on for dear life. Lucy invoked strong feelings in me. There were times that I didn't like her much (that whole protectiveness thing for Max again) but I respected the hell out of her! When an author can make me feel so raw about a character, I know the story is something special. And hey, Lucy eventually loves up on my man Max, the way he deserves, so we made peace! I can't elaborate on all the little nuances of this beautiful story without giving everything away. Also, to truly feel Max and Lucy's journey, you need to be apart of it. Which means, you need coffee, chocolate, tissues, more chocolate, and then some pizza to shovel in your face to help soak up all the "feels" in your heart. Like, three slices minimum!

Max is panty wetting hot in the sack! Magical hands and enough dirty sweet nothings to make a girl swoon. And holy crap, Lucy swoons hard...multiple times, in various positions. I love when Carly gets all filthy and ramps up the heat in her writing! She can deliver a solid story, rip my soul to shreds, and then make my heart beat so loudly, it's like bloody ponies are galloping through my house!  Did I mention that Max knows his way around the lady bits? 

What can I say? Hmmm...buy this book! But do yourself a favour, start from the beginning of the series. This book can be read as a stand alone, but you'll be so happy that you visited with all the Dare men. Not even gonna lie...each and every damn one of em' makes for great fantasy material! The only thing left to say is that, Ms. Phillips left me a blabbering mess and I want you to go on the same journey with Max and Lucy!


Buy Links:

No comments: