Monday, November 16, 2015

RECKLESS RENDEZVOUS (RECKLESS BEAT #4.5)

One kiss sends Leah Gorman’s life into a tailspin.

After years sacrificing herself for Reckless Beat, Leah needs to catch her breath. She has to escape the constant chaos and revive her frayed nerves. There’s no better place than Vegas and the memory of a heavily-inked man with talented hands to make her heart palpitate for reasons other than stress. Logan is exactly what she needs right now… Or is he? Her pleasure comes at a price, and she will be left to question every aspect of her life and what her future holds.

This novella starts straight after the events of Sultry Groove (Reckless Beat 4) and will lead you into the final book of the Reckless Beat series.


Release Date: November 16, 2015
Reckless Beat series book 4.5 (novella)
Review copy provided by the author

Nikki's Review:


I adore this series so very much! Eden Summers has written a series that has provided me with endless laughs, steamy fantasies, hiccup cries, and an obscene amount of joy! This novella is just a little slice of the Reckless group. A short moment of time with their band manager, Leah. She is featured in each of the past books. I've "stood" on the sidelines and witnessed her heartache and love for Rhythm Guitarist, Ryan. 

I totally understood Leah's need to run. To separate herself from the pain of not being able to have Ryan. It was hard "watching" Leah turn to another man to console her battered heart and to let loose and enjoy some sexy times. I'm not gonna lie, I struggled with that. As much as I knew deep down that she needed it, it was still hard. She wasn't doing anything wrong but I knew where her heart was. Leah needed to find something for herself. Even if it was just a single moment of happiness, oblivion even. 

Leah kept coming back to Ryan in her mind and heart. They have to be together! Jesus...even the thought of that not happening makes me sad. Yes, I know...fictional characters and all that. But I've followed these characters through so many trials and tribulations. I know them. They just have to be together. Eden Summers knows how to wreck me. Each book in this series shreds me. But holy hell, she puts me back together with such beauty that I can hardly stand it.


This novella isn't a stand-alone. I highly recommend you start from book one, Blind Attraction. There are so many facets to Leah and Ryan, and you get a bit more of an intimate view with each story. Just enough of a glimpse to infuriate you, intrigue you, and keep you coming back for more! When it ended, I was sad. Though I shouldn't have been. I knew it wasn't the end of their journey. Ms. Summers has set this story arc up to be her most intense in the series. I see big snotty ugly cries when I finally get my greedy paws on the upcoming full-length novel. Leah and Ryan will get their complete story. I'm ready to go on that wild and emotionally charged journey with them!

No comments: