Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A LOVE TO LAST (PROPHECY OF LOVE #1)

Her boots were made for walking…

Drifter Delaney Shields plans to breeze through Prophecy, Texas, before setting off on an around-the-world trip of a lifetime. She never expects to see sexy-as-sin Cal Maddox, the man she ran out on a decade ago. One look between them and their past attraction ignites, flaming hotter than ever. But acting on it would be disastrous because she’s not the sticking kind, and Cal has roots a mile deep.

Cal Maddox left the military only to find both the health of his dad and his hometown failing. When Delaney walks into his father’s custom boot shop, she spurs emotional memories and sexual fantasies Cal has no business indulging in. Especially once he realizes she’s the next Prophecy bootmaker, the only person who can design custom cowboy boots with the power to change a person’s destiny. But if fanning those old flames will keep her in Prophecy, he’s willing to take the heat, even if it means keeping secrets and risking his heart again.

Duty and desire throw Cal and Delaney together, but will their feelings be strong enough to forge a new bond or will they destroy their second chance at love?

Release Date: November 9, 2015
Prophecy of Love Book #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I'm a huge fan of Kelsey Browning and was so excited to see she had a new series coming out starting this month. I absolutely fell in love with A Love to Last.

I love a reunion story, especially one as well done as A Love to Last. I loved that Delaney came back because she was worried about Whit Maddox, who has been like a father to her. Delaney has lots of issues thanks to her pretty worthless parents. I'm so glad she had her aunt Raylene and Whit to step in as her surrogate parents once she made it to Prophecy, Texas. Delaney had lots of issues with trust thanks to her parents as well, and even the love Raylene, Whit and Cal had shown her in the past, she felt like she was too much like her parents to ever set down roots, even when she loved them just as much. Honestly, Delaney and her past pain broke my heart more than once.

I loved that Delaney was the next Prophecy bookmaker. I was so moved when she drew her very first pair of custom cowboy books. I was just as drawn into the process as Delaney. I loved that Cal was the one who was with her and the one to take care of her while she recovered from such an emotionally draining experience. While Whit was like a dad to Delaney, Cal was and is her one true love and it was so special they were together.

Let me just say the attraction between Cal and Delaney, who he calls Laney (*sigh*), is strong even after 10 years apart. There chemistry was off the charts hot and only got hotter the longer they were together. While there is a sweetness to the reunion of Cal and Delaney as a couple, this is no hand-holding, sex behind closed doors romance. The sex scenes are smoking hot and filled with lots of emotion.  I absolutely loved Cal and Delaney as a couple and though they hit many bumps in the roads, I was cheering for them to find a way to make it from the very beginning.

Kelsey Browning is one of my favorite authors because she pulls me so far into her stories, I don't mind missing out on sleep to keep reading her story, or even waking up in the middle of the night to finish reading her story. She is an amazing story-teller and A Love to Last was another winner for me. I loved Ms. Browning made me feel every emotion possible while reading A Love to Last. I highly recommend the Prophecy series and can't wait to read the next book in the series.

BUY LINKS:



No comments: