Saturday, September 26, 2015

SECOND CHANCE SUMMER (CEDAR RIDGE #1)

RESCUE ME

Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies, and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid-firefighter, rescue worker, and heartbreaker. She never could resist that devastating smile . . .

The Kincaid brothers are as rough and rugged as the Rocky Mountains they call home. Aidan has always done things his own way, by his own rules. And never has he regretted anything more than letting Lily walk out of his life ten years ago. If anyone has ever been in need of rescuing, she has. What she needs more than anything are long hikes, slow dances, and sizzling kisses. But that can only happen if he can get her to give Cedar Ridge-and this bad boy-a second chance . . . 

Release Date: June 30, 2015
Grand Central Publishing
Cedar Ridge #1
Review copy provided by publisher

I love each and every series from Jill Shalvis. I was so sad to see the end of the Lucky Harbor series happen, but was super excited when I read we would get a new series and I loved the first book in the Cedar Ridge series so much.

I have to say I loved both Lily and Aidan from the moment we met them both. Aidan loves to take care of everyone in his life and has always been the one to try and protect his family and friends. Lily pulled at every single one of my heartstrings. She really was such a strong character and has been living with the unnecessary guilt from her sister's death for 10 years.

I really felt like Lily had no chance of finally coming to terms with her sister's death until she came back to Cedar Ridge. I also think she really needed to be around Aidan again to help move forward, as she left town and him behind with no warning after her sister died. I loved that Lily and Aidan had major chemistry from the moment they saw each other again. Lily continuing to say she was only in town until she could find a new job pretty much killed me as I could tell that Aidan still loved her and I didn't want him to get hurt again.

I also love the family dynamics between Aidan, his brothers and his sister. I loved they are all so protective of one another, with Aidan being the most protective of everyone. I love reading about a small town, family run business and the Cedar Ridge lodge run by the Kincaid family is the perfect setting. I absolutely loved Aidan and Lily's romance and can't wait to see the rest of the Kincaid family find their own happily ever after.

Second Chance Summer was an awesome start to the new Cedar Ridge series from Jill Shalvis. Fans of Jill Shalvis will be happy to have a new small town series after leaving Lucky Harbor, and new reader will quickly see why her fans fall in love with each of her books.


No comments: