Monday, September 28, 2015

BODY SHOTS (MASTERS OF PLEASURE)

FREE TO DESIRE

No longer trapped in an abusive relationship, Crystal Shaw is ready to commit her body to the pursuit of sex. When her best friend invites her to an alternative club called Kinks, it’s the perfect opportunity to realize her long dormant desires…

COMMITTED TO PLEASURE

Inside the hot, throbbing club, Crystal finds herself drawn into the orbit of two of the sexiest men she’s ever laid eyes on. It turns out Trent and Mac are co-owners of Kinks, and Crystal quickly discovers business isn’t the only thing the two share. The feelings are indescribable as she gives every inch of her insatiable body to their experience and imagination. And she knows that once and for all, she is completely alive…


Release Date: September 29, 2015
Kensington
Review copy provided by the publisher

Nikki’s Review:

I have been a long time fan of Anne Rainey's. I typically gobble up anything she writes. I was so excited when this book loaded onto my reader! I love romances that are ménages. It adds a little of the forbidden and a whole lot of excitement! This book started with a punch. It was heart pounding right from the get go! The heroine, Crystal, is running through the woods for her life. She's broken and battered, and her husband is the predator. I was thinking that if the story starts out with this much of bang, then the rest would surely be fabulous. Not so much. My excitement kinda ended there.

Crystal is finally granted a divorce from her abusive husband. Then we fast-forward five months and she's ready to start living life again. She literally steps inside the club, Kinks, and is approached by the two hunky owners, Mac and Trent. And man, are they super sexy and oh so yummy! Everything from this point on happens at super sonic speed! She ends up in a threesome with these two dudes, who she just met. Now, I'm no prude, I love a smokin' threesome in my books, insta love...sure! But a heroine who has been beaten within an inch of her life by her spouse for several years, I would think she'd be more cautious, maybe a little skittish about jumping into bed with two hulking males. It's only been five months since she's gained her freedom and escaped the clutches of evil.

Once the sex starts, it never really ends. I love the hot yummy stuff...a lot! But this was a whole bunch of bed yoga and not a lot of substance otherwise. It was like, 5 pages of sex, 1 page of story, then more sex...rinse and repeat. I found myself skimming the love scenes half way through. I never do that! Who wants to skip the sweaty delicious stuff? But alas, I did in this book. The love scenes were really well written. Very descriptive, titillating, and completely drool worthy. The problem was, there just wasn't enough story in between the sexy stuff. I wanted more relationship building between the three characters. But everything felt kind of superficial.

Crystal's ex starts lurking around again and causing some trouble. But even that didn't add enough to the plot to give it more substance. I will absolutely continue to read Ms. Rainey. I just think that this wasn't her best book. There were a couple of secondary characters that I think could have their own story. If they do get their own book, I hope we get more plot and relationship building along with the bumping and grinding! But let's not be hasty here; I want said bumping and grinding to stay, just add a few more ingredients for a more complete story.




No comments: