Sunday, September 20, 2015

DODGING TEMPTATION (THE RETREAT #1)

You can't hide from love...or revenge

Dodge Loving wants revenge...and he's about to get it. On the cusp of closing a multi-billion-dollar luxury resort deal, Dodge can't afford for anything go wrong. But then a fiery redhead shows up, the paparazzi hot on her trail, and throws his world into chaos. He has to get rid of her. Immediately.

Harper Conner just wants to be left alone, but after slapping her cheating senator ex-husband during a televised press conference, she's a hot commodity. The ultra exclusive resort in Wyoming seems like the ideal place to hide-and work-so there's no way she's letting the Type-A jerk who runs the place fire her.
Despite the animosity sparking between them, Dodge and Harper can't keep their hands to themselves. This thing between them can't happen. It won't. But his mother has other ideas...and she's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Harper and Dodge fall in love.

Release Date: September 14,2015
Entangled Indulgence
Retreat #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review

I've read many books by Avery Flynn in the past and have enjoyed them all. I was really excited to get a chance to read Dodging Temptation, the first book in her new series early.

First of all, I loved all 3 of the Loving brothers and can't wait to read Stone's and Griff's books. I'll say Dodge set the bar pretty high, but I know I'll fall for them just as hard as I fell for Dodge. I loved that Dodge was totally set in his plan to take revenge on his grandfather because he disowned Dodge's mom when she married Dodge's dad. While I didn't love him being so suspicious of Harper, I did love that he was fighting his attraction to her from the very beginning.

I loved that Harper was trying to change her life by getting back into her career of cataloging historical books. She is determined to let nothing get in her way of moving on with her life, including the sexy cowboy, Dodge Loving. She quickly became more addicted to him than her nightly ice cream fix. Dodge and Harper had amazing chemistry and I absolutely loved them as a couple. While I felt like they were different in many ways, their differences seemed to make them work better as a couple. 

While I loved Dodge wanted to get back at is grandfather for is mother, he almost mess up his chances with Harper because of his desire for revenge. I loved that his family, and especially his mother gave him such crap for making mistake with Harper. I have to say while Dodge messed up in a big way, he made things right in an even bigger way. 

Dodging Temptation was a wonderful start to the new series from Avery Flynn. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves contemporary romances.



No comments: