Monday, July 07, 2014

The Key

The Key (Dark Path Series #2)
Release date 6/6/14

The seductive world of The Gate continues with The Key... 

Erika has reinvented herself as an author of erotic romance under the pseudonym, Lily Fredericks. After her eight month sabbatical in New Orleans, she’s returning to Manhattan to promote her new book. Chris is handling her book tour and wants Erika to give him another chance. She’s forgiven Chris, but Max is always in her thoughts. Sick of waiting for Erika to come to her senses, Max takes matters into his own hands. He’ll go to New Orleans to claim her before it’s too late. 

With Erika back in Manhattan, both Chris and Max try to seduce her in the hopes she’ll choose one of them. As both men battle for her heart, a woman from Max’s past reappears, bent on revenge. Chris will ruin Max anyway he can in order to make Erika his own. However Max has something up his sleeve to insure he’s the victor, but not without a price—Erika’s soul.

I absolutely loved The Gate (Dark Path Series #1) and have said multiple times it is my favorite KT Grant book. I was super excited to see what happened next with Erika, Max, and even Chris. I was lucky enough to be provided a review copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

I love this series so much. Erika and Max are my favorite characters, although Catherine, Raymond and Bryan are also pretty awesome. I still don't like Chris, and I really did give him a chance to redeem himself in this book. 

Erika and Max are just as hot as ever together in this book. Seriously they can't be in the same room with one another without wanting to tear each other's clothes off. I love Erika and Max as a couple! I know they still have issues to work through, but I just love them together. 

The Raymond/Catherine/Bryan storyline intrigues me so much. While I know Raymond and Catherine are together, I really want Catherine to be free to choose who she wants to be with and how she wants to live. I'm excited to see where this storyline goes in the next book.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't like Chris. I did give him another chance in this book and while he did own up to being in the wrong to Erika, he didn't change how he continued to act about Max and especially about Max and Erika together.

I've loved both books in the Dark Path Series from KT Grant and can't wait to read the next book in the series. 


No comments: