Friday, July 29, 2016

UNWANTED (ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN #14.5)

The New York Times bestselling Elemental Assassin series continues with a new e-novella--from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, the foster brother of Gin Blanco, and a fan favorite of readers of the series.

The fallout from his disastrous “family reunion” in Bitter Bite has left Finn feeling hurt, angry, and depressed. He can barely stand to look at himself in the mirror, much less eat any of the delicious barbecue from Gin’s famed Pork Pit restaurant.

But when the funeral for a slain security guard at his bank turns into a showdown with some nasty underworld giants, Finn knows that he must act in order to protect an innocent family.

Finnegan Lane might be the most unwanted man in Ashland these days, but he’s determined to try to make amends for his past mistakes...

Release Date: July 18, 2016
Pocket Star
Elemental Assassin #14.5
Urban Fantasy
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Finnegan Lane is one of my most favorite characters ever in the Elemental Assassin series. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty mad at Finn when he blew off Gin's warnings about his mom, but could totally understand him wanting to connect with the mother he thought had died years ago. 

I have to say while it broke my heart to see Finn hurting so badly for everyone who was effected by his mother's rampage through the bank, I part of me loved watching him see first-hand for a change all that Gin has dealt with for years. That being said, I wanted my funny, sweet and deadly Finnegan Lane back and I loved how he got his mojo back. It was also really great to get a book from Finn's point-of-view. I have to admit, I loved watching him fight to protect others just like he had done in the past with Gin and their friends, but I felt like Finn needed to do this himself to feel like he had finally done enough to make up for his mistakes. 

Unwanted was the book all the Finnegan Lane fans had been waiting for. Yes it was rough at times to see Finn suffer, but I feel like my respect levels for him increased because he grew more because of the horrible experience with his mother and handling the repercussions of her actions. I can't wait to spend more time with all of the characters in the next full length Elemental Assassin book in August.


Rating 4 Stars (B+)

2 comments:

Jen Twimom said...

Nice review! I completely agree! :-)

mslizalou said...

Thanks so much!