Friday, July 22, 2016

GOING DOWN EASY (BILLIONAIRE BAD BOYS #1)

Billionaire Bad Boys: Rich, Powerful and sexy as hell. 

Billionaire Kaden Barnes has a reputation for being difficult and always getting his way. 

Enigmatic and exacting, he's unable to keep an assistant for long. Enter his newest hire, Lexie Parker. She's no-nonsense, efficient and all business… She’s also hot as sin and soon starring in Kaden's dirtiest fantasies. 

As their passion for each other reaches a boiling point, neither can control theexplosive outcome when they finally give in to their desires. He may think he’s calling the shots, but for this bad boy, going down easy has never felt so good.

Release Date: July 19, 2016
CP Publishing
Contemporary Romance
Billionaire Bad Boys #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Once again Carly Phillips has blown me away with one of her books. I fell in love with Kaden Barnes quirks and all pretty much from the moment he appeared on the page. I also think Lexie Parker is one of the strongest heroines Ms. Phillips has ever written.

Lexie Parker is once again starting over in her career thanks to always stepping in to help take care of her twin sister, Kendall. When she is offered a job at Blink as Kaden Barnes assistant, she ever expected to be immediately attracted to her boss and completely get all his quirks. I think because Lexie had been there for her mom and her sister dealing with their problems, she understood Kade's anxiety issues and his OCD issues easier. I loved that where his issues had been problems for people in the past, yet Lexie just saw it as another part of who he was. 

I loved that Lexie and Kade were both instantly attracted to one another and their chemistry was off the charts hot. Seriously they had some smoking hot love scenes and I fell more in love with them as a couple to more time they spent together. I hated that parts of Kade's past kept popping up messing with his current happiness. However, he proved what an incredible guy he was by making sure he always took care of his friends, even when it kept him from being completely happy.

Going Down Easy was an amazing start to the Billionaire Bad Boys series. I loved Kade and can't wait to read the next 2 books to find out more about his partners in Blink. Thank you Ms. Phillips for giving me a non-traditional hero to fall in love with.

5 Stars (A+)

Nikki’s Review:

I'm a fairly new fan of Carly Phillips. I just started reading her books about 2 years ago. With each new story, Ms. Phillips pulls me in deeper. This book wrapped itself around me; it reminded me of a time in my life, not so long ago, that was difficult. But this wasn't a bad thing. Sometimes you need to remember to the unpleasant stuff to appreciate the good stuff.

Kade Barnes is tech mogul. He's brilliant, sexy, difficult, and stubborn as all get out! He's fired more PA's than he can count, and while he's intrigued with beautiful head strong Lexie, he's pretty sure he'll end up firing her too. Or she'll quit. I love that Lexie didn't put up with, Kade's icy attitude. She put him in his place without overstepping...much! She also paid very close attention to all of her boss’s nuances. She quickly learned how to keep his life moving like a well-oiled machine. And of course there was some serious chemistry between them! Like, a lot!  

Lexie Parkers life is in constant turmoil. She takes care of her sister, Kendall, who is bipolar and struggling with treatment. I think Lexie may be one of the strongest heroines I've read in a long time. Strong and completely selfless. She's lost relationships and jobs because of her sister’s manic behaviour. But she's never once turned her back on her twin. Not to mention, her mother is lost to the darkness that is severe depression. But somehow, Ms. Phillips kept a smile on Lexie's face. She made this heroine this sassy and fun. 

Kade and Lexie were made for each other. He needs certain things to function on a day-to-day basis. Kade has ADHD and struggles with anxiety. And Lexie sees beyond that. She doesn't pity or coddle him. She stands beside him. The Sparks were flying between these two from page one! I laughed at the witty banter; I had a smile on my face for most of the book. The dialogue was absolute perfection. 

There's so much to say about this book. It has a bit of everything. It was funny, it was crazy hot and steamy, and it was an emotional roller coaster. More than all of that, this book was a look inside mental illness. You get to witness the trials and hurts that come along with it. You get an opportunity to see beyond the shame that some people feel; beyond the stigma that can be paralyzing. I found myself thinking about my own struggle with depression, Postpartum Depression (PPD) to be exact. It was a struggle for a long time after my third baby was born. It was dark and scary at times. I wasn't afraid of hurting my baby, or myself but I was desperately lost. I was downing, I couldn't swim to the surface. I was screaming for help (in my head), but no one heard me. I have a great support system in my husband.  I eventually felt better, though some days were better than others. Mental illness doesn't just affect the patient, it cripples the family too. But there's help. There's support, and better days. I'm so appreciative that, Carly Phillips wrote these strong but vulnerable characters. I think she wrote an accurate portrayal of how it affects the family too. How it can strengthen and destroy bonds. If we talk about mental illness, then we can begin to support those that suffer with it. 

This book had all the wonderful things that you can expect from a Carly Phillips novel. Hot monkey sex, laughs, and love. But this one, this book is my most favourite to date. It takes real talent to write characters that are suffering from mental illness, but keep the stigma and stereotypes out of it. These were everyday people fighting an often-silent battle, and Ms. Phillips wrote them beautifully.

I'm not sure that I've done this book justice. I'm not sure my review even makes sense. But what I am sure of is that I love and adore this book with my whole heart. I hope you'll read it. 


5 Stars (A+)

Buy Links:



No comments: