Thursday, December 31, 2015

Liza's Best of 2015

Liza’s Top Reads of 2015

I’ve read 151 books in 2015, and loved the vast majority of those books. It is so hard for me to get a number down to a Top 10 or even Top 15, so I decided to give my Top 20 reads and include some honorable mentions to get my number to 25. FYI, I’ll probably still cheat even within my 20, since a couple of authors put out multiple books this year. Also, my books are listed in no particular order.

The Virgin and The Queen by Tiffany Reisz are the final 2 books in the Original Sinners series (White Years). Both were books I wanted to re-read as soon as I finished reading the first time.

Dare to Touch, Dare to Hold, Dare to Rock, and Dare to Seduce are all by Carly Phillips and are part of her Dare to Love Series. I told you I was going to cheat with my picks, and I have to with Carly’s books and I loved each of the books that I read in 2015.

The Shadows by JR Ward is a surprise pick for almost every BDB fan out there. However, I found that Ward stayed on point with her story line this time and while I didn’t love how she blamed her characters for what she did, in the end it was one of her most well written books out in many years.

The Dragon Conspiracy by Lisa Shearin is the second book in her SPI Files series. I actually listen to the audio books for this series and love both the story and the narration.

Taken by HelenKay Dimon is from her Holton Woods series and a novella length story. HelenKay gave us Eli and Wade’s book and it was absolutely perfect! I love Elijah and Wade as a couple and loved getting their story.

Shards of Hope and Archangel’s Enigma are both by Nalini Singh.  I adore both the Psy/Changeling and the Guild Hunter series and fall more in love with each series with each new book.

Playing With Pleasure is part of Erika Wilde’s Player’s Club series. I loved and adored all 3 books released in 2015, but Paige and Sawyer’s book just held an extra special place for me. I love a reunion story and this one was one of the best ones ever.

Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs is part of the Alpha and Omega series. While I love the Mercy Thompson series, I love the Alpha and the Omega series even more. There is just something about Charles and Anna that speaks to me.

A Ghostly Undertaking by Tonya Kappes is the first book in her Ghostly Southern Mystery series. Who doesn’t love a funeral director who suffers from “funeral trauma” and can actually talk to and see dead people? Seriously this book is laugh-out-loud funny and the mystery is solid.

Breathless in Love by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully is the first book in the Maverick Billionaires series. I’ve loved Bella’s books for years and while Jennifer Skully is a new-to-me author, I adored their voices together.

Beyond Innocence by Kit Rocha is the 6th book in the Beyond series. I loved Lili and Jared’s story and absolutely wanted to re-read it as soon as I finished reading the first time.

Owned by M. Never is the 1st book in the Decadence After Dark series. It is a dark erotic romance and I was hooked from page 1.

Back to You by Lauren Dane is the final book in the Hurley Boys series. It was Vaughn and Kelly’s story and was perfect from start to finish. OMG this just might be my most favorite Lauren Dane book ever!

Barefoot with a Stranger by Roxanne St. Claire is the 2nd book in her Barefoot Bay Undercover series. Not only is Gabe Rossi in this book, but we finally get his “little sister” Chessie’s book! I loved Chessie and Malcolm’s book so hard and am now on the countdown for Gabe’s book.

Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis is the 1st book in her new Cedar Ridge series. Aidan and Lily’s books was yet another reunion story and I absolutely loved this book!

Home for Christmas by Lily Everett is the 4th book in her Sanctuary Island series. I loved Libby and Owen’ story with his daughter Caitlin and seeing them find a home and family together.

Love So Tempting by Marquita Valentine and is the 4th book in her Lawson Brothers series. I had wanted Lemon and Tristan’s books since we met them in the first book and it was everything I wanted and hoped to read.

Hot & Bothered by Lynn Raye Harris is the 8th book in her Hostile Operations Team series.  I’ve loved Ryan “Flash” Gordon forever and knew when he met Emily that she was the one for him. I adored their story that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Honorable Mentions

Coveted by Alannah Lynne

A Taste of Heaven by Penny Watson

Stirring Up Trouble by Andrea Laurence

Matched by Jamie Farrell

Take the Fall by Marquita Valentine





2 comments:

Melanie (@AudiobookMel) said...

I loved Dragon Conspiracy, Beyond Innocence, Dead Heat both Nalini Singh books and both Tiffany Reisz books. A Ghostly Undertaking sounds great and right up my alley. Great list.

mslizalou said...

A Ghostly Undertaking is laugh out loud funny. I'm not sure if it is available in audio. I know you love audiobooks too.