Saturday, December 19, 2015

HARD TO FORGET (ALPHA'S HEART #3)

Delaney, a professional bodyguard, has spent years trying to prove herself in a male dominated industry. Now she's facing her greatest challenge yet. 

Bad boy billionaire Jax Shields has made plenty of enemies on his climb to the top, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time has put his life at risk. Now he's putting his life in the hands of Delaney and her team. He demands the best in everything, and he doesn't think she has what it takes to protect him. He's also made it clear he'd rather have her on her back then covering his. Will Delaney be able to prove herself to the most arrogant—and devastatingly handsome—man she's ever met?

Release Date: December 15, 2015
Bella Jewel
St. Martin's Press
Alpha's Heart #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:


I really wanted to love Hard to Forget based upon the premise. I did enjoy reading the story and I really liked the author's voice. However, I had major issues with Delaney and how wishy-washy she was about being up to the challenge of her job. Yes she is a bodyguard, which is a male dominated job normally. However, her boss has trained her well and has total confidence in her. Delaney however seems to want to do the job, yet it takes her boss telling her she has the strength to take him down before she believes she can do it. I wanted Delaney to be way more badass than how she saw herself and even acted at times. It really bothered me when the situation got tough a few time, she deferred to the males present rather than taking control of the situation as she had been trained and as she was more than capable of doing. I did like that her sixth sense/training did kick in when it really mattered and she finally showed what she was made of.

Jax Shields is a total man-whore when he is first introduced. Seriously has a different woman in his place every night and honestly took me a bit to even like. He was completely condescending to Delaney when they met and continued to test her beyond what he would have done with any male bodyguard. I did love that once Delaney showed she had what it took to protect him, he quickly changed his tune and became her greatest supporter.

I felt the attraction between Delaney and Jax early on, and really wasn't sure if I wanted them to act of their attraction, as I knew it could end Delaney's career. However, the more time they spent together, the hotter their attraction became and I really wanted to see where they could take their relationship. Delaney and Jax have some smoking hot sex. I loved they were able to keep it from the other bodyguards on Delaney's team as long as they did and have to say I really ended up loving them as a couple

While I enjoyed Hard to Forget, I didn't love it. I honestly had too many issues with Delaney not being as strong as I thought she should be to handle her job. She relied on men and their opinions way to many times to count and I expected more of a badass woman bodyguard. I did really enjoy the romance between Delaney and Jax and liked where Ms. Jewel took them as a couple. Hard to Forget is in first person point-of-view and while I have no issues with that, I do like to warn other readers in case they don't enjoy that POV. I look forward to reading more books from Ms. Jewel in the future, and plan to go back and read the first 2 books in the Alpha's Heart series.

Buy Links



No comments: