Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A BILLIONAIRE BETWEEN THE SHEETS

Overnight billionaires, the Beaumont brothers are thrust into life in the fast lane with exotic cars, private jets . . . and sex and success on their minds.

A commanding presence in the boardroom and the bedroom, Deacon Beaumont has come to save the failing company French Kiss. He was born to be boss in this glamorous new world of lacy lingerie and stunning supermodels. But one bold and beautiful woman dares to question his authority.

Olivia Harrington has dedicated her life to the company's success. Just because Deacon is sexy as hell doesn't mean he'll make a better CEO. With a limitless supply of push-up bras and garter belts, Olivia turns her considerable feminine charms on Deacon to discover what makes him tick . . . and reveals instead the billion reasons why she wants him to stay.

Release Date: November 24, 2015
The Unexpected Billionaires #1
Forever Hachette Book Group
Review copy provided by the publisher 

Nikki’s Review:

Some reviews are so exciting to write. I often can't wait to share with other readers my thoughts and excitement. But this time, that's not the case. This one was a DNF (did not finish). I don't take that lightly. I truly try hard to see the good stuff in a book and push through. But when pushing through becomes increasingly difficult, I call mercy.

Olivia Harrington and Deacon Beaumont have history, a brief one from their childhood. Let me just say that even though they weren't blood related ( Olivia's stepfather is Deacons uncle ), it still squicks me out that they are into each other. Maybe it's my own hang ups, but I have never looked at any of my cousins as anything other than cousins, even my few step cousins, because, hello...they're family! But these two have a tumultuous, hot to trot thing for each other. Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

One of the things that made it so difficult for me to read this book was the constant rambling of the characters. Even Olivia's secretary was all squirrelly and her sentences never seemed to end. But Olivia's took the cake! I may have told my iPad to shut up at one point! Every time a conversation started, I would think, oh lawd, here we go again!


I went into this book with so much excitement. I love the billionaire trope! Unfortunately, this book just couldn't hold my attention. I gave it until the 60% mark and then waved the white flag. I think I was fair in how much time I devoted. And I truly wish that I could have enjoyed it. Books are like anything else in life...subjective. Someone else is going to love this book, and I think that's great! It just wasn't my cup of tea. I couldn't connect with the characters or the plot. I struggled to find the chemistry between Olivia and Deacon. Maybe it picked up in the last 40%, I don't know. When I DNF a book, it makes me incredibly heavy hearted. I want to praise everything I read. I don't for a second think that this book wasn't the result of a lot of sweat and hard work. I can absolutely appreciate that. It's because of that that I tried very hard to finish it. But alas, I lost the battle.

No comments: