THE BITE OF WINTER by LAUREN SMITH
Zoey is down on her luck, homeless and jobless over Christmas. When she's attacked in an alley, she's rescued by two century old Irish vampires named Ian and Connor. It's up to them to win her heart over Christmas.
Author: Lauren Smith
Author Location: Jacksonville, FL
Genre: Paranormal, Erotic Romance
Release Date: November 24, 2015
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Format: Digital eBook
Zoey Blake is about as far down on her luck as she can get. A car crash took her parents, leaving her destitute and on the street. When she’s attacked by another homeless person, her lifeblood drains away as her fading vision is filled with the face of a handsome stranger.
Ian Kennedy, a century old Irish vampire, never could resist rescuing a stray. As a few drops of his blood heals Zoey’s wounds, he realizes she’s a sweet, tempting, flesh-and-blood woman. But there’s one problem. Connor, who made Ian promise decades ago: no more mortal lovers.
After another vampire murdered his soulmate, Connor O’Shea swore never to let a mortal woman pay the price for loving him. Until he feels Zoey’s skin and tastes her lips. She makes him want to break that vow.
Zoey finds herself caught in their web of seduction. But as Christmas draws near and her grief deepens, happiness seems far out of reach. And Ian and Connor join forces to prove their love is sacred, special…and forever.
Warning: This book contains two scorching-hot Irish vampires, one lady with plenty of pluck but zero luck, naughty lingerie, and enough Christmas cheer to redeem even the darkest creatures.
Add The Bite of Winter to your GOODREADS TBR pile!
Amazon Best-Selling Author Lauren Smith is an attorney by day, author by night, who pens adventurous and edgy romance stories by the light of her smart phone flashlight app. She’s a native Oklahoman who lives with her three pets: a feisty chinchilla, sophisticated cat and dapper little schnauzer. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres including being an Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-Finalist and a Semi-Finalist for the Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Award.
http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/b050ef29156/" rel="nofollow" data-raflid="b050ef29156" data-theme="classic" data-template="" id="rcwidget_5k40ydho">a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rules for Being a Vampire – Lauren Smith
There are a lot of vampire novels out there and everyone has a different take on what a vampire should be like. I want to share with you the Rules for Being a Vampire in my sexy Christmas novella The Bite of Winter. Ian and Connor, the sexy heroes who will fall for the down on her luck human Zoey Blake, have been kicking it around for a couple of centuries. Originally from Ireland, they are boyhood friends who were turned into vampires during the potato famine. Ian, the more sensitive vamp is often at odds with Connor, the more stoic of the two but they both have a set of rules they live by. Here they are!
1) Don’t kill humans. It’s much easier to sample them like appetizers.
2) It’s totally fine to adopt some cats if you’re feeling like you’re lonely in your immortal life, even if your roommate might make fun of you.
3) If you see a helpless human getting attacked in an alley, it’s fine to rescue her, but don’t bring her home, not if she’s cute and you might have trouble resisting her delicious scent.
4) If you want to seduce a human woman, its always a good idea to go Christmas shopping and buy her beautiful clothes and sexy lingerie.
5) Be warned that kissing a human who makes you feel alive again might lead to you finding a true mate.
6) If you find yourself wanting to eat again, wanting to explore life again, you might have found that true mate you were looking for.
7) Don’t be afraid to share your human mate with your best friend if she happens to be falling in love with him too.
8) Don’t use your vampire voodoo to bewitch humans into doing your bidding unless you absolutely have to.
9) If you start to dream walk, be ready to experience strong emotions if you walk through your human mate’s dreams.
10) If love comes knocking at your door, don’t be afraid to open the door.