Wednesday, November 04, 2015

MINE (CLUB SIN #7)

Dmitri and Presley—the scorching-hot couple who started it all in the USA Today bestseller Claimed—return to save Club Sin in the exhilarating new short novel from Stacey Kennedy.

Dmitri Pratt is living out his dream. Not only does he own the ultimate playground for the BDSM lifestyle, he’s found a special connection with his deliciously sexy sub, Presley Flynn, the woman who complements him in ways that go far beyond the bedroom. But when an anonymous blackmailer threatens to expose the elite, high-profile members of Club Sin in a notorious tabloid, Dmitri’s perfect world spirals out of control.

Before she met Dmitri, Presley never imagined she would find a Master who could deliver on all her hottest fantasies. Dmitri’s love and his sensual artistry surprise her every day, until he suddenly turns distant and cold. For the first time, Presley wonders where Dmitri’s heart truly lies: with her, or with Club Sin. As the life they’ve built together begins to crumble, Presley can only trust that Dmitri has what it takes—to defend what’s his, and win back the woman he cannot live without.

Mine is intended for mature audiences.



Release Date: October 27, 2015
Club Sin series book 7
Random House Loveswept
Review copy provided by the publisher

Nikki’s Review:

I requested this book not realizing that it was part of a series. I quickly discovered that the hero and heroine featured in this book, Dmitri and Presley, are the couple from book 1. So what's an OCD reader such as myself to do? I start with book 1! Firstly, let me just say that I really liked the first novel. And definitely recommend starting there to get a good feel for Dmitri and Presley. It made reading, Mine, so much easier.

This book is a quick read. It was a glance at a moment in time with Dmitri and Presley, 2 years after their relationship began. They are so crazy in love with each other. She is a devoted submissive to her alpha Dom. You get a real sense of the commitment they have to one another and the joy they get from Club Sin. When their sanctuary is threatened though, things turn a little ass over tea kettle. 

I was frustrated with Dmitri and his behaviour. I understand his need to protect his club and the members who are also his friends. But his handling of Presley was disappointing. Apparently, he's trying to protect her, and save her from feeling guilty. I call bullshit. Dmitri treats her like a wilting flower, a child even. I didn't like that aspect. It was rather condescending and I was sad to see two characters that I really liked, on a downward spiral. The whole " I'm acting like a jerk to shelter Presley" left a bad taste in my mouth. And her rather quick acceptance of his apology after he settles everything with the club, made me want to shake her!


The whole book was a hard pill to swallow after reading the brilliant story that brought them together. I was left with a " meh " feeling. I liked the end when Dmitri surprises his love with something to blow her mind. But that's all I really liked. I kinda wish that I didn't read this one. That I just held onto my warm and fuzzies from book 1. 

No comments: