Saturday, November 07, 2015

CHRISTMAS WITH THE BILLIONAIRE RANCHER

In Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher by Mandy Baxter, there's nothing Nate Christensen hates more than a golddigger. Nate wants to stay away from all the women who want his money. That is, until he meets the sexy, beautiful Chloe Benson, who lights a fire in his blood that only the most passionate nights can ease...

Chloe cannot get enough of Nate-she's never felt more wild with desire in her life. The only problem is, she needs Nate's money. True, it's for a very worthy charity...but is their passion enough to still Nate's fears that she's only wants him for how big his bank account is?

Release Date: October 13, 2015
St. Martin's Press
The Billionaire's Club: Texas Heartthrobs Volume 1
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Hot damn! I love when I find a new to me author and the book is fantastic! Seriously, I struggle with trying new stuff because I'm worried about not connecting with the authors writing style. My first Mandy Baxter book won't be my last.

Nate Christensen is ready to give away every cent his late father left him. He doesn't want anything to do with his old mans legacy. Chloe Benson runs a program for at risk and disadvantaged kids, and could use some of that Christensen money...and fast!  The doors to her organization are about to close and the very idea breaks her heart. Instead of using her good business sense and securing some funds, she falls head over heels for the jaded and brooding, Nate.

This book was smokin' almost from the get go! I wasn't sure going in if it was a sweet or steamy read. Steamy. It was so damn steamy and delicious. Sweet baby Jesus...Nate has a filthy mouth that left me panting and all tingly feeling. There was something about this character that just did it for me. He's hurting and I wanted to soothe his soul, make him better. He's dealing with a few past issues that are eating away at him. Chloe is the first person to help him find a measure of calm. She's struggling with being honest with Nate, about why she was originally seeking him out. Now that her heart is all tangled up with him, she's not sure how to be open about it. The last thing she wants is for Nate to think that she's only interested in his inheritance.

I loved these two together! They were like puzzle pieces connecting. The conversations between them were so well written. There were tons of sexy banter but also some real emotionally driven discussions. I felt like I was really going to know them. I love how Nate was able to let Chloe see inside his heart and how she was able to clearly understand his jumbled thoughts. Sigh...these two belonged together! After a huge misunderstanding and a crap ton of grovelling on the heroes part, these two find their way to each other so completely. 

Ms. Baxter has written a solid story. It was a fairly quick and extremely enjoyable read for me. I'm so happy I decided to pick up this book. I can hardly wait to dive into Nate's brothers books! The secondary characters were equally as intriguing and likeable. Man, I love finding new books and authors that ring all my bells! 

Liza’s Review:

I've read and enjoyed books by Mandy Baxter in the past. I have to say that Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher is my current favorite book ever from her.

I absolutely fell in love with Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher. Nate Christensen wants nothing to do with the money he inherits from his father and I absolutely loved that he really just wanted to be a rancher, yet has been thrust into the family business. I also loved that Chloe came the Nate's father's memorial service to ask for money for her foundation. That takes some major balls and I loved how much Chloe loved the kids her foundation helped and would do anything for them.

I was not expecting the absolutely steam up my kindle screen sexiness that occurred between Nate and Chloe. OMG the hotness started with Nate propositioning Chloe in the coat closet, and if they were in the same room, it never went away. There are plenty of sexy times between Chloe and Nate, but they also connected on an emotional level as well, which made their chemistry even stronger. I absolutely fell in love with them as a couple.


I adored Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher and can't wait to read the other books about the rest of the Christensen brothers. Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher was a really fast and satisfying read for me, and I highly recommend it.

No comments: