Wednesday, September 09, 2015

JUST A LITTLE KISS (CRUSH #3)

In the sizzling new novel of Renita Pizzitola’s Crush series, Felicity knows that “Summer Boys” are only good for one thing. But what if hooking up with the right guy could lead to a fresh start?

Like most of the residents of her dead-end beach town, Felicity Daniels doesn’t know what she wants from her future. Instead of college, she’s waiting tables at the local grille where she’s more likely to run into the guy who was the love of her life—until one decision changed everything. Now as this year’s tourist season kicks in to high gear, Felicity realizes that whatever she wants isn't going to be found here.

Mason Hayes is the quintessential Summer Boy: hot, impulsive, and born without strings attached. While in town helping with the family fishing charter, he plans to have a little fun—and hopefully get over a certain girl. He’s never had a long-term relationship, but when he meets Felicity, he wonders if he’s found the girl who could change that.

With her heart still in repair, Felicity’s happy to have a distraction like Mason, but her best friend thinks he could also be her ticket out of this town. What’s the harm in using him to escape more than just her boredom? After all, he is just a Summer Boy, and they never stick around. But after one kiss, Felicity wonders if only one summer with Mason will ever really be enough.

Release Date: August 25, 2015
Crush #3
Random House Flirt
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I've enjoyed each of the books in the Crush series so far. Renita Pizzitola has a wonderful voice for the New Adult genre.

I really liked both Mason and Felicity as individuals, and started to like them as a couple the longer they spent time together. I have loved Mason since we first met him and I knew it would take a strong individual for him to be happy. While it took a bit for Felicity to grow on me because she seemed to be so stuck in the past with her various rules, I ended up not only loving her, but cheering for each accomplishment along the way. I understood why Felicity had so many rules to protect herself, but wanted her to get over the past a bit faster. I think Mason showed up in her hometown at exactly the right time.

I felt the chemistry between Felicity and Mason from the moment they saw each other across the room. Even know initially that Felicity would only allow Mason to be one of her "Summer Boys", aka short-term romance with zero chance of commitment, I loved the Mason kept coming back for more. I think part of the reason Felicity and Mason really worked for me as a potential long-term couple is the fact that because of Felicity's rules, they became not only friends but also best friends first.

While Just a Little Kiss took me a bit longer to get pulled in, it ended up being a really good story in the series. I haven't checked to see which couple will be next in the series, but I have hopes for a specific couple. 



No comments: