Monday, September 07, 2015

ARCHANGEL'S ENIGMA (GUILD HUNTER #8)

Naasir is the most feral of the powerful group of vampires and angels known as the Seven, his loyalty pledged to the Archangel Raphael. When rumors surface of a plot to murder the former Archangel of Persia, now lost in the Sleep of the Ancients, Naasir is dispatched to find him. For only he possesses the tracking skills required—those more common to predatory animals than to man.

Enlisted to accompany Naasir, Andromeda, a young angelic scholar with dangerous secrets, is fascinated by his nature—at once playful and brilliant, sensual and brutal. As they race to find the Sleeping archangel before it’s too late, Naasir will force her to question all she knows...and tempt her to walk into the magnificent, feral darkness of his world. But first they must survive an enemy vicious enough to shatter the greatest taboo of the angelic race and plunge the world into a screaming nightmare…

Release Date: September 1, 2015
Penguin Group Jove
Guild Hunter #8


I found Nalini Singh's books only a few years ago. I actually started reading her Guild Hunter books before her Psy-Changelings and love both series so much. I will say because I read the Guild Hunter books first, they have a special place in my heart. I was super excited to read Archangel's Enigma as soon as it showed up on my kindle.

I'll admit I wasn't sure what to expect when I found out Archangel's Enigma would be Naasir's book. I've always wondered about him, but he has never been my favorite of the Seven. However, I found myself totally falling for Naasir the more I read his story.

I love that Naasir has decided to find his mate now that he is mature and knew it would take a strong individual to be his match. I have to say I was pleasantly surprise by how strong Andromeda was and how perfect she was for Naasir. They clicked in a way I didn't expect yet totally loved them as a couple. I especially loved how playful they were together and that Naasir called her Andi. I loved watching Andi and Naasir fall in love and while their courtship really took place while they were on a mission to find Alexander's resting place, it completely worked for me. I also loved that Naasir shared with Andi what he truly is when he has kept it such a mystery from so many others. 

Archangel's Enigma was an excellent addition to the Guild Hunter series and honestly has me wanting the next installment more than ever. I love how the series has progressed from more of an Urban Fantasy series to a Paranormal Romance series since it started. I can't wait to see where Ms. Singh takes Raphael, Elena, and the Seven. 



1 comment:

Melanie (@AudiobookMel) said...

I'm listening to this one now. I'm loving it. I fell in love with Naasir in the previous book.