Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A BAD BOY FOR CHRISTMAS

'Tis the Season to Be Naughty

Connor McClain knows what he wants. And after four harrowing years in Afghanistan, that's a quiet life in the lakeside town of Evergreen Cove. But coming home has land mines of its own-the most dangerous of them being long-legged bombshell Faith Garrett. Now getting her into his arms this holiday is going to require more than mistletoe . . .

With a cheating ex behind her, all Faith wants is a relaxing holiday free from man drama. And even though every moment with gorgeous Connor is a sweet temptation, Faith is determined not to give in. But Jack Frost has other plans, and soon Faith and Connor are snowbound in a winter wonderland with only the sparks flying between them to keep them warm. As one hot kiss leads to another, they'll have to decide if they're ready to give each other the best gift of all-love.

Release Date: September 29, 2015
Forever Hachette Book Group
Second Chance #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki's Review:

She did it again. I swear, I'm completely awed by this author...every damn time! I'm struggling to find the appropriate words to describe how so incredibly fantastic this book is. Can I just say, read it? Probably not right? You need a little more than that. So here goes....

Sweet baby Jesus, Connor McLain is everything that makes my heart skip a beat! He's all growly and protective, and so damn sweet that he makes my tummy flutter. He's struggling to find some semblance of normal after serving his country in the Middle East and from the betrayal of his ex girlfriend. This landscaper extraordinaire wants Faith Shelby something fierce. But the great thing about Connor is that he's patient and willing to slowly win her over. Playful smiles and teasing...sigh, I love him. 

Faith is jaded, really jaded. She's been betrayed by her ex fiancĂ© and raised in a home by a mother who views marriage like the antichrist. Believing that she's cursed to be alone forever, Faith isn't so sure that spending time with Connor is a good idea. 

These two together are combustible! Once Faith lets down her walls, holy hell...feelin' hot, hot, hot! Connor has moves that could melt the panties off a nun...and me. While Faith is protecting her heart at all costs, she is more than happy to let Hunky Connor play her body and make it sing. Jessica Lemmon writes hot, sweaty, and oh so delicious sex. The scenes are beautifully written and truly grab at my heart.

There's so much going on in this story. So many emotions and growing pains. Ms. Lemmon has the ability to take simple words and knock you to your knees with them. I can literally lose myself in her books. She writes characters that you can really care about and root for. And let me tell you, I fell hard for both Connor and Faith. I went on the emotional roller coaster with them. It left me dizzy and completely enthralled. When the climax of this story unfolded I held my breath, waiting to see how these beloved characters would find their way to a happily ever after. The fall. The fall was so gorgeous. When they stopped fighting what was so very clear, the fall made me sigh and my heart happy.

I'm not sure I've done this book justice. I love it so much. All the books in this series are very dear to me. I read a lot, like a whole lot. And not every author or book grabs at me. But every now and then I come across an author or book that are so unforgettable that I think about them often, like an old friend. Jessica Lemmon does that for me. She has pulled me into her written world and each time I start a new chapter, I find myself smiling. I can hardly wait for Asher and Gloria's book. I want to see that uber hot rock god, fall to his knees for Gloria. And I imagine her sharp tongue will make that happen!


No comments: