Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Girls Don't


Good Girls Don’t is the 1st book in the Donovan Brothers Brewery series by Victoria Dahl. Fromthe back cover.~

With her long ponytail and sparkling green eyes, Tessa Donavan looks more like the girl next door than a businesswoman – or a heartbreaker. Which may explain why Detective Luke Asher barely notices here when he arrives to investigate a break-in at her family’s brewery. He’s got his own problems – starting with the fact that his partner Simone is pregnant and everyone thinks he’s the father. The last thing he needs is a nice girl like Tessa getting under his skin.

Tessa has her hands full too. Her brother’s playboy ways may be threatening the business, and the tensions could tear her tight-knit family apart. In fact, the only think that could unite the Donovan boys is seeing a man come after their “baby” sister. Especially as man like Luke Asher. But Tessa sees past the rumors to the man beneath.

I own many books by Victoria Dahl, yet somehow Good Girls Don’t is the first one of her books I’ve read. My friend Katiebabs was nice enough to pick up an early copy for me at BEA in May. I can say right now, while Good Girls Don't is my first Victoria Dahl book, it will not be my last.

I loved Good Girls Don’t! Many times throughout the book I actually laughed so hard I almost cried. Tessa is such a funny character (I love she says “balls” when something goes wrong). She is the peace-keeper between her brothers Eric and Jamie. When Jamie messes up once again, she will do anything in her power to fix things without Eric finding out about Jamie’s latest mistake.

Both Jamie and Eric try to warn Tessa away from Luke because of his past. People only know the half-truths about things that went on in his life, but Tessa is really only looking for a good time at first, so she ignores the rumors. It was really funny to watch big brothers Eric and Jamie realize their “baby” sister was all grown up and capable of an adult relationship.

The only thing I didn’t love about the book was Tessa trying to cover up Jamie’s mistake. Jamie should have been man enough to stand up to his little sister and tell their brother Eric the truth. The rest of the book was awesome and I can’t wait to read the next 2 books in this series. The actual release date for Good Girls Don't is August 30, 2011. Bad Boys Do is Jamie’s story and set for release in October (I’m thinking lat Sept), and we get Eric’s story, Real Men Will, in November (hoping late Oct).

1 comment:

Paige Prince said...

I adore Victoria Dahl's books. This one looks cute.