Monday, August 30, 2021

THE BILLIONAIRE'S BIG MISTAKE (MIAMI VICES #4)


One grumpy workaholic on a mission to get the ultimate promotion. One ray of sunshine tour guide whose goal is a good time. He needs to unload the beachfront property her family runs to close a big deal, but never expects to fall hard for the fiery beauty who stands in his way.


Ethan Vice: One deal. One simple deal to flip a few dozen properties to another hotel chain, and I’ll be the CEO of Vice Hospitality, the ultimate goal on my list of business accomplishments. All I have to do is swing by some rundown hotel in the Keys I didn’t even know we owned, and get the guy who runs it to sign some paperwork. But the minute I arrive in Sandpiper Key, I’m blinded by sunshine and beauty and a woman unlike any I’ve ever met. Maria-Elena Martinez is wild and gorgeous and insists that life can be fun, a philosophy I’ve never understood. But before I know it, my heart is melting like an ice cream cone on the beach. What starts out as a playful interlude turns into a serious romance and suddenly I’ve just done the one thing I never do…I’ve screwed up and might not get the deal…or the girl.


Emmy Martinez: The minute Ethan Vice shows up on an official visit to La Magia, I am determined to show our “invisible investor” that the Martinez family has created true magic at our small but unique resort. But I didn’t expect the island tour to include hot kisses and long embraces from a billionaire who’s having fun for the first time. He may be the most serious man I’ve ever crushed on, but he’s also sexy, complicated, and is working his way into my family…and my heart. When our fling begins to feel like something far more permanent, I dare to believe that Ethan could be the magic I’ve been missing in life. That is, until I find out he’s made a terrible mistake that will ruin my family and break my heart. There’s only one way he can rescue our romance…but can this billionaire sacrifice success for the magic of true love?


Release Date: August 27, 2021
Palm Island Publishing
Contemporary Romance
Miami Vices #4
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

The Billionaire's Big Mistake is the newest book in the Miami Vices series from Breezie Bennett. Readers finally get oldest brother Ethan Vice's book. I have to say that Ethan has always seemed a bit uptight and a total workaholic, so I was wondering what type of woman would finally make him want to more in life than work. Emmy Martinez was like a ray of sunshine from the moment she appeared on the page, and was so opposite to Ethan, I couldn't wait to see what happened between them.

I loved how much Ethan changed over the course of this story. I honestly wasn't sure he really had it in him. He has always been so focused on work, and was there to facilitate the sell of the resort to ensure his position of CEO of Vice Hospitality upon his father's retirement. His arrival at Sandpiper Key, and specifically La Magia set his life on a detour he never expected. Emmy Martinez and her family were such a breathe of fresh air to Ethan's world. He went from over serious workaholic to a man who enjoyed all aspects of life. Emmy made me smile so much in this story. She has such a Pollyanna outlook on life and I really loved her for making no apoligies and being true to herself at all times.

I loved that Ethan and Emmy were so attracted to one antoher from pretty much the moment they met, yet they waited until it was the right time for them to be together. They had such amazing chemistry and it grew stronger the more time they spent together. Part of the story I loved best of all was when Ethan's siblings and significant others came to visit. It was so fun to see everyone's reactions to the changes in Ethan, and to see how happy he and Emmy were together. I love how much support Ethan got from his siblings when he told them his plans for La Magia, and how it could change the future of their company.

I've loved each book in the Miami Vices series of books, and loved how Breezie Bennett wrapped up the series so perfectly. She once again gave her readers a funny, sexy story that will pull at all your heartstrings. I can't wait to see where Ms. Bennett takes her readers in future books.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

No comments: