Friday, August 13, 2021

MANHATTAN MOGUL (NYC ROMANCE #3)


A fake engagement. A sham of a wedding.

A lie dressed up in diamonds and lace . . .

Is still a lie. 


NASH

In business, I’m ruthless. 

The Black Knight of Wall Street. 

And in the ring, I’m downright vicious.

I don’t rescue damsels in distress.


Nixie is on the run from her past.

She’s a distraction I don’t need, a complication I don’t want.

But when she needs a husband to claim her inheritance,

I’m only too willing to play the part.


NIXIE

Nash is my fiancé, but he isn’t mine.

Our vow to love, honor, and cherish each other,

till death do us part,

is a promise we have no intention of keeping.

Our union is a solution to my problems. 

The ultimate marriage of convenience.


Behind this exquisitely woven veil, 

I can almost believe my own lies.



You are cordially invited to the biggest wedding Wall Street’s ever seen...



(This book is a completely revised and expanded version of Deal Breaker, which is no longer available for sale.)


Release Date: June 10, 2021

Manhattan Mogul 

A New York City Romance series Book #3

Contemporary Romance

Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Nikki’s Review:


Winner winner chicken dinner! I am so in love with this series. I liked that this book was full of angsty emotions. I love feeling all the things. I love being pulled in different directions and having my heart and mind all jumbled at times. This book delivered all that and more!


Nixie, the heroine, got on my nerves at times. I like a strong heroine, but I also like when they’re vulnerable enough to lean on someone for help when it’s needed. She was so stubborn when it came to Nash helping her. That being said, I could kinda understand where she was coming from. After losing her parents she had to grow up rather quickly. Throw in a gambling addict jerkwad of a boyfriend who is venturing into abusive, and I can see why she didn’t blindly trust anyone. 


Nash is an amazing character. He’s loyal, charming, successful, and has a big heart. But at the same time he’s full of that broodiness I love in a hero. 


Like the previous book in this series, there is a lot of push and pull between the characters. It takes them time to understand their developing feelings. Well, they understand the crazy lust, but their pesky hearts are causing them some issues. These two were so well developed by Ms. Leigh. Their feelings, whether they were happy, sad, mad, or glad, were palpable. All of those feelings were front and centre, and I loved experiencing them. 


This book, like the previous books in the series, is very character driven. As a reader I really cared about them. I hurt for them, and I was cheering them on the whole way. When an author makes me fall hard for their characters I know the book is special. I can hardly wait for the next installment! 


Rating: 4 Stars (A) 

No comments: