Monday, May 10, 2021

ALL CONSUMING (BROTHERHOOD BY FIRE #3)


A sizzling new romance about a firefighter who reunites with an old flame and tries to rekindle the passion they once felt.


When firefighter Kal Donovan transfers to the Tactical Rescue Team, he's determined to succeed by giving work one hundred percent of his attention. This proves more difficult at his ten-year high school reunion when he runs into Hannah Clark, his first love. She's still the smart, funny, beautiful girl he loved in high school, but everything has changed. She's divorced, has a son, and has zero interest in exploring an old romance.


Hannah has moved back home after a disastrous end to a marriage that never should have been. Now her only focus is getting her hair salon up and running, and making sure her son is happy. She doesn't have time for love--especially not with Kal. She intends to look forward, not backward, and Kal is most definitely part of her past.


However as Hannah and Kal start spending time together, Hannah realizes that what she's feeling for him isn't nostalgia, but red-hot attraction. Kal's intent on showing her what it's like to be cared for, romanced, and consumed with passion--and Hannah loves it. But she wonders if she has the courage to risk her heart again, even as Kal vows not to lose her a second time.


Release Date: March 2, 2021

Berkley Books

Brotherhood by Fire #3

Contemporary Romance

Review copy provided by publisher


Liza's Review:


All Consuming is the 3rd book in the Brotherhood by Fire series from Jaci Burton. I've wanted Kal's book from the very beginning and it was totally worth the wait. I'm a big fan of the second chance romance, and adored Hannah and Kal's story.


I've loved Kal since we met him in the first book. He is a bit different from his brothers, and something about him just grabbed me from the beginning. He is a charmer for sure, and I have to say I loved he found his way back to his high school sweetheart Hannah. Extra bonus for me was they reconnected at their high school reunion. It gave me all the happy feels.


Hannah is pretty hesitant to start up a relationship so soon after her divorce, yet can't seem to stay away from Kal. I loved Hannah's son Oliver so much. Kids in romances can sometimes be tricky, but I loved that Kal included Oliver in their relationship from the very beginning. I really loved Kal and Hannah had such amazing chemistry even after being apart for so many years. I totally fell in love with not only the couple, but the family they became.


I like some of the technical fire information Jaci Burton weaves into each of the stories. Kal is on a different path from his dad and brothers, and I really enjoyed learning about another aspect of firefighting. 


I liked each of the Donavan brothers, but still say Kal is my favorite. I enjoyed this trilogy, and would love to revisit these characters in the future.



Rating: 4 Stars (B)


No comments: