Wednesday, December 12, 2018

ROCK REBEL (NOTHING BUT TROUBLE #3)

He's a rock star with a secret, she's a pop princess with a painful past - can their forbidden romance survive, or will their lies destroy them both?

I've earned my bad reputation.

A few years ago, I was New York City's hottest classical music prodigy. But I wanted something else, something more. So I chased my real dream, and now... I'm rock royalty. Dax Hughes, lead guitarist of Nothing but Trouble. But to my family and former Juilliard classmates, I'm an outcast. A misfit. A rebel.

They're not entirely wrong. I don't give a damn what other people think, and I'm all for breaking the rules... except when it comes to our new opening act, Verity Moore.

Rock gods don't tour with pop princesses. 

It's not personal. Actually, under that fallen diva reputation, Verity's incredibly talented. And her fiery redheaded personality is... intriguing. But I'm convinced the skeletons in Verity's closet are as scandalous as my own, and when we're not sparring, she has a way of drawing out all those secrets I'm determined to keep hidden.

Yeah. Verity Moore is definitely off-limits . . .
But since when do I give a damn about the rules?

Release Date: December 11, 2018
Forever Yours
Contemporary Romance
Nothing But Trouble #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Where do I start? This book is everything. I had such high expectations for this book, and Tara Leigh delivered! I loved the first two in the series, and I desperately wanted to get that feeling again with Rock Rebel. I had those feelings and so many more.

If you’ve been following headlines in the media, and not living under a rock, for the past year, you’re well aware of the #metoo movement. Women are speaking their truths and reclaiming their lives. The heroine, Verity Moore, is trying to find her path to join the ranks of all those brave and beautiful women. But with her confidence beaten to a pulp, it’s been a bumpy road.

Dax has a rule of never getting involved with anyone in the music industry. He’s been there and done that. And he has the scars on his heart as proof. Fortunately, his heart decides to break that rule when he lays eyes on Verity.

You could really feel the chemistry pouring from the pages with these two. They were both having an internal battle, but the pull was just too strong. I love that these two see beyond the wounds that they each carry, and choose to be happy instead of letting life kick them in the backside. 

One of the things I loved most about this book was the character development. They go from cynical and somewhat broken, to stronger and more self aware. 

There were so many moments that put a smile on my face. Even as Dax and Verity were trying to find their footing as a couple, there was a lot to celebrate. Shane and Delaney, from Rock King, are happier than ever, and crazy in love. Landon, from Rock Legend, is getting the help he needs for himself, and for Piper. I love visiting with past characters from other books in a series. I love watching their lives shift and change throughout each novel. 

What else can I really say to do this book justice? Verity is beautiful, inside and out, and she’s so strong. She’s stronger than she gives herself credit for. Tara Leigh writes amazing heroines. They’re perfectly flawed and real. And her heroes are everything I love in brooding, but amazing, men. No one is without their baggage and stories, but isn’t that what real life is like? We all have our journeys. I can not wait for the last band member, Jett, to fall. I want him to fall so hard that his knees get bruised. I can already tell that I’m going to make him one of my book boyfriends, but he’s so damn cocky, and his heroine will need to be strong. I want her to make him beg, because that sexy AF rockstar has never had to beg. He has a trail of panties and broken hearts behind him. 

Do yourself a favour and start with book #1, Rock King. You’ll appreciate the supporting characters a bit more by knowing their stories. Plus, why the hell would you miss out on Shane and Landon’s books? They’re goddamn delicious! 

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

BUY LINKS:

Paperback  https://amzn.to/2O6fiRE
Goodreads    http://bit.ly/2PyCyc3

No comments: