Wednesday, December 05, 2018

A CHRISTMAS PROPOSITION (DALLAS BILLIONAIRES CLUB #2)

“I need to get married…

And the only one who can help me is you .” 

Trading one scandal for another, Stefanie Ferguson must marry to save her brother’s political career. Luckily, her brother’s best friend wants to help. But until this moment, Emmett Keaton has been off-limits. Now their convenient vows on Christmas Day unleash a passion too long denied. Will this marriage for scandal become a marriage for real?

Digital Release Date: December 1, 2018
Print Release Date: December 4, 2018
Harlequin Desire
Contemporary Romance
Dallas Billionaires Club #2
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

This was such a fun series. Jessica Lemmon never disappoints. The characters and spot on writing, made reading this book in one sitting a blast!

Stefanie Ferguson is a hoot. I love a sassy heroine, and she has sass in spades. She’s strong and feisty, but still soft and caring. She’s everything I love in a well-rounded character. 

Emmett is my favourite kind of hero. He’s alpha and broody; the strong silent type. You really feel his vulnerability coming off of the pages. He’s so unsure of his own appeal and worthiness of love. 

The marriage of convenience trope is loads of fun. I loved seeing these characters fall head over heels for each other when it’s absolutely not what they had planned. Emmett’s stubbornness just slowed down his ability to admit it.

Like all of Jessica Lemmon’s novels, you get all the feels in this one. I found myself giggling (the part with Zach’s naked backside...hilarious!), sniffling during the “dark moment”, and feeling joy when Stef and Emmett found their way back together again. 

I truly enjoyed this series about the Ferguson family. I’m sad that it’s over. I’d love to see a short story with some updates on the couples. Hint hint Jessica! 😉


Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: