Monday, December 17, 2018

COCKSURE (COCHRANS OF COKER COUNTY #1)

Sabrina

He’s the cockiest bastard I’ve ever met and I mean that with all the affection and adoration in the world. I’ve been in love with him for years, and not just because of those intense blue eyes or that slow smug smile that promises to make all your dreams come true. I’ve seen what lies under that smile and his cocksure attitude. It’s enough to make me melt.

Not that I’d ever let him know. Not only is Luke Cochran one of Hollywood’s up-and-coming movie stars…he’s also my boss. I’m his personal assistant and have seen all the women who come and go in his life.

I don’t even hold a candle. But a girl can dream…right?

Luke

Sabrina is one of the sharpest, funniest, kindest people I’ve ever met. Sometimes, I think I’m taking advantage of her, but I seriously cannot cope with my hectic lifestyle without her to keep me on track.

Of course, my life just got totally knocked off track. One of my sisters called. They need me back home. My mother is sick and the last thing I can think about is the promotional tour I’ve got coming up.

Sabrina’s coming with me. She’s the only person who can keep me focused and centered in a time like this. Besides, my family adores her. And it’s just a quick visit. My mother is tough. She’ll be alright.

But then something happens that knocks me for a loop and when my mother tells me that all she really wants in life is to see her kids happy and settled down, I do the stupidest damn thing ever and announce that Sabrina and I are in love. Now I’ve just got to convince my best friend to play along with me and act like she’s my fiancée and we’re stupid in love.

No big deal…right?

Release Date: November 5, 2018
Contemporary Romance
Shiloh Walker, Inc.
Cochrans of Cocker County #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Cocksure is the first book in the Cochrans of Cocker County series from Shiloh Walker. Luke Cochran and Sabrina have pretty much been best friends since she first became his personal assistant. She is the reason he started spending time with is family again actually. They have such a strong friendship, and of course Luke has no idea that Sabrina has been in love with him for years.

I absolutely adored Sabrina. She is such a strong character and has put up with so much crap while working for Luke. When he tells his mom they are engaged, she has to put up with even more crap because of Luke's fans and everyone's questions about their relationship. I loved how much Luke respected Sabrina, but it really bothered me that he had never really seen her as more than his assistant for all those years. Hello, they had worked together for 5 years, and suddenly he finally sees how hot she is?!?! I also had major issues with Luke implying over and over about something happening to him at some point in his childhood, but never having the guts to voice it; even to Sabrina.

I really did love Luke and Sabrina as a couple and loved they each understood each other in a way no one else did. I was glad when Luke finally shared his past with her and could start to see he did nothing wrong all those years ago. I felt like Luke finally sharing that part of himself was the step in the right direction for them to have a real relationship. I really loved watching Luke realize how much he had loved Sabrina all along. Yes their new physical relationship was pretty smoking hot, but I think they worked faster for me because they really were friends first.

Cocksure was a really good start to this new series from Shiloh Walker. I liked meeting Luke's siblings and really do hope she continues writing in this series. While I had to laugh that this story sprung up from all the hoopla over "cocky-gate" this summer, I truly forgot it had anything to do with it very soon after I started reading the book. It is a great example of Ms. Walker's voice and I think fans of contemporary romance will really enjoy this book.

Rating: 3.75 Stars

No comments: