Monday, October 30, 2017

RIDE WILD (RAVEN RIDERS #3)

Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders...


Wild with grief over the death of his wife, Sam “Slider” Evans merely lives for his two sons. Nothing holds his interest anymore—not even riding his bike or his membership in the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club. But that all changes when he hires a new babysitter.

Recently freed from a bad situation by the Ravens, Cora Campbell is determined to bury the past. When Slider offers her a nanny position, she accepts, needing the security and time to figure out what she wants from life. Cora adores his sweet boys, but never expected the red-hot attraction to their brooding, sexy father. If only he would notice her...

Slider does see the beautiful, fun-loving woman he invited into his home. She makes him feel too much, and he both hates it and yearns for it. But when Cora witnesses something she shouldn’t have, the new lives they’ve only just discovered are threatened. Now Slider must claim—and protect—what’s his before it’s too late.


Release Date: October 31, 2017
Avon Books
Raven Riders #3
Contemporary Romance

Nikki’s Review:

I was fortunate enough to attend RWA in Orlando back in July. Among the many books I brought home from the event was the first book in this series, Ride Hard. I finally had a chance to read it just the other day. Sweet baby Jesus in the manger, I was hooked! After only a few chapters I knew that I was already in love with this series. 

You get to meet Slider Evans and Cora Campbell in book 1. And right from the get go, I knew Slider was going to pull at my heart when I finally got to his book. He was lost and hurting, and I couldn't wait to "see" inside of him to get a better understanding of his pain. 

I love that this pairing was an unexpected infatuation. Slider is not at all interested in putting his heart on the line, and Cora is trying to figure out what her future looks like. The slow burn was exciting and heartwarming. 

I'm not normally a fan of books where the children play a huge role, but it really worked in this one. Slider's children needed to love Cora to make this whole thing work. Ms. Kaye made the children's reactions believable and age appropriate. So many times I have read books where a three year old has the conversations that most 10 year olds don't have. So, this was refreshing!

The chemistry between the hero and heroine was spicy and seductive. Under Slider's gruff exterior is some seriously wicked bed yoga skills! Yum! 

Like all series that I read, I'm always happy that I get to revisit past characters from previous books, and this was no different. The MC is more like a family than a bunch of buddies. While they are all friends, there is a definite sense of brotherhood and kinship between the members. They stick together through thick and thin. 

I loved watching Slider come out of his misery. It's slow in its progression, but it needed to be. He was pretty much learning to live again, not just exist. And witnessing his mile wide protective instincts when it comes to his son's and Cora's safety is sigh worthy! Have I mentioned how much I adore Slider? I think from the three books so far he may be my favourite. 

Laura Kaye managed to hit all the feels in this one. I laughed often, I had a lump in my throat because I was hurting for the characters, and my heart raced during that horrible scene towards the end. I won't tell you what said horrible scene was about, because that would ruin it for you. Seriously, the writing was simply wonderful. 

In my opinion, I think this series is best read in order. There's a lot of back-story to Cora that is introduced in the first book. Anyways, going back to the beginning isn't a hardship, since you'll get to spend time with the always delicious Dare! 


Rating: 4.5 Stars (A)

No comments: