Monday, September 12, 2016

EVERY YESTERDAY (BOOT CREEK #2)

Megan Howard used to be a successful painter—but that was a long time ago. These days she’s struggling to move forward, convinced her heart is permanently broken after her last relationship and grief stricken over the loss of her father. Clinging to memories of happier times, she holds tight to her father’s most cherished possession: a 1958 DeSoto Adventurer. Though she needs the money, she’ll never sell it—even loaning the prized automobile to her best friend on the day of her wedding stirs up painful memories.

Avowed bachelor and car collector Noah Black has never seen a car he can live without…or a woman he can live with. Reluctant to see his best friend condemned to matrimony, he flies to Boot Creek from California to be the best man in the wedding. But after discovering that the gorgeous maid of honor owns the car of his dreams, Noah makes a pricey bet that he’ll add the DeSoto to his collection, no matter what it takes.

Despite their determination to stay single, Noah and Megan soon find they can’t resist each other. His attention turns from getting the car to getting the girl, and thanks to Noah, Megan can imagine a life in the present. But when the truth about Noah’s wager comes to light, will it threaten to throw Megan’s new perspective into reverse?

Release Date: August 27, 2016
Boot Creek #2
Montlake Romance
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I've been a fan of Nancy Naigle's books since I read her very first book. I read every level of heat in the romance genre and know when I read Nancy's books they are going to be on the sweeter "Hallmark" side of romance, and I find that refreshing every single time.

Let me just say right away, I absolutely loved that neither Noah nor Megan were looking for a relationship, in fact it absolutely cracked me up how far from a relationship either one of them wanted to be. I loved they had a pretty instant attraction and kept seeming to end up together. I loved how well they connected and that they each really seemed to get one another. I loved that with Noah in her life, Megan started painting again, even if she did say it was only a hobby. I also loved they were both car people and Noah could talk about his love of cars without causing Megan's eyes to glaze over with disinterest. 

My only issue with the entire story was how Noah handled the Desoto, which is the car Megan's father had left to her in his will. He heard her time and time again say how important the car was and that she would never get rid of it and yet he never changed his initial plans. I got it was his dream car because of his grandfather, but it really broke my heart to see him not think about how it would hurt Megan to keep pushing for the car. I will say Noah made a big statement to fix his mistake, but it just broke my heart to see Megan torn apart that way. 

Nancy Naigle pulled every single emotion out of me while I read Every Yesterday and that is a sign of a great book for me. Any book that has me laughing, crying and cheering is a winner to me. I highly recommend the Boot Creek series to contemporary romance readers.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)



No comments: