Tuesday, May 17, 2016

THE REVERSE OF PERFECTION (BAD DECISIONS #2)

Dylan Royce, ex-teen pop star, needs a sexy image makeover. His first adult solo album came out under his perfect, white-washed persona and tanked. Joining a band equally famous for their music and their between-the-sheets escapades is only the start. He needs to get raunchy. Sleep with a different girl every night. But there’s only one woman he wants, and she still sees him as a goody two-shoes boy-bander. 

Ariel Watson is the publicist in charge of turning Dylan into the sex-god every woman dreams of doing. Frankly, she doesn’t see the appeal. Until one hot kiss changes her mind. Now she wants to keep him for herself--without losing her job. Or losing Dylan the legions of drooling fans she’s supposed to be building for him. 

Turning bad got Dylan the woman of his dreams. But how will he choose between her...or his career catapulting him back to superstar status?

Release Date: May 17, 2016
Bad Decisions #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

I'm really enjoying the Bad Decisions series from Christi Barth. While The Reverse of Perfection is the second book in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone story. I found The Reverse of Perfection a fast-paced read.

I liked both Dylan and Ariel from the moment we met them. I liked that they both were in the process of re-starting their careers. The attraction between Dylan and Ariel was obvious from their very first meeting, and while I loved they acted on their attraction, I loved the focus was more on their careers than just hooking up. I did worry about the company Ariel was currently working for and if they had the same moral compass she had. They seemed to kick ethics to the curb and are willing to do anything to keep their clients in the news, even when it isn't the best way to get them in the news.

While I loved the chemistry between Dylan and Ariel, I liked they could talk about the dreams for their futures together and actually listened to what the other said. I found myself falling for Dylan more and more with each page. I liked Ariel, but wanted her to be stronger in her convictions on how she worked in the public relations business. While she messed up in a big way, she also fixed things in a big way too.


I look forward to the next book in the Bad Decisions series and getting to spend more time with the characters from the series. Ms. Barth has given her readers a fast-paced, fun and sexy story with The Reverse of Perfection.

No comments: