Tuesday, August 18, 2015

HOT & BOTHERED

He can never have her. Having her means the end of his career in the Hostile Operations Team. But when he learns she’s carrying his child, he’ll have to make a choice…

Ryan “Flash” Gordon has been drawn to Emily Royal bin Yusuf since the first moment he met her. But she’s a terrorist’s widow, which means she’s completely off-limits. A HOT special operator can never be with a woman whose name is on government watch lists the world over.

But when Emily begs him for just one night, he can’t refuse. The next morning, she’s gone. Not just from his bed, but from his life.

Emily can never clear her name—or can she? When a rogue CIA operative offers her a chance to put her past behind her and do something for her country, she leaps at the opportunity—even though it means leaving behind the man she’s fallen in love with. But not before she lets herself have one night with him.

One night with stunning consequences…

Release Date: August 18, 2015
H.O.T. Publishing, Inc.
Hot Operations Team #8
Review copy provided by the author

Liza’s Review:

I've been a fan of Lynn Raye Harris for years and love all her books, but love her HOT series best of all. I'm so glad to see Ryan "Flash" Gordon finally get his story.

I was so glad to see Emily and Ryan become a couple. Emily needed someone in her life to love her for her no matter what has gone on in her past. Of course her sister Victoria has always been that person for her, but she has never had a man who loved her just because she is Emily.  I loved that Ryan and Emily were friends first. Ryan was the one person Emily could talk to after coming home to the states following the death of her husband. When Emily decides she must clear her name no matter what, Ryan is the one person she must see before she leaves, and what a last night they have together. The chemistry has always been there between Ryan and Emily, and only got stronger once they made love.

I loved that when things with Emily's mission got bumpy, Ryan and other members of HOT came in for the assist. I love so much about Ryan and Emily as a couple, but one point that really sticks out to me is how protective they are of each other. Yes they have smoking hot sex and off the charts chemistry, but their protective instinct for one another just got me. Not that I didn't want to punch Ryan in the neck a few times for being so overprotective, but he is too Alpha not to be that way. I loved watching Emily find herself and become stronger because of it in Hot & Bothered.

As will all of the HOT books, there is lots of action and several nail biting moments, which I've come to expect and love about the series. I have to say there were a few moments I was totally holding my breath as I read this book. Of course, we also got some time with my favorite HOT guy of the bunch, Col Mendez, who I hope so hard will finally get his book soon!


I can honestly say while I've loved all the HOT books so far, Hot & Bothered is my favorite in the series to date. I can't wait to see where the HOT series goes in the future.

No comments: