Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beyond Addiction (Beyond Book #5)

Book Five in the bestselling, award-winning BEYOND series.

She's fought like hell to leave the past behind.

Trix changed her name and her life when she got clean four years ago. Now, she has a new family and a job she loves--tending bar and dancing at the Broken Circle. As an O'Kane, she's happy, untouchable. Until a nightmare from her old life tears her away from her home and drags her back to Hell--also known as Sector Five.

He's still living--and dying--in it.

Losing Trix was the kick in the head Finn needed to get sober, but working as an enforcer for a man he hates is slowly crushing his soul. The only thing that keeps him going is his determination to destroy Sector Five from the inside. Then Trix comes back into his life--alive, in danger--and nothing else matters.

Getting her home could be a suicide mission. The only thing deadlier is the old spark that flares to life between them. Soon, Finn and Trix are battling the one addiction neither of them ever managed to kick--each other. And it could cost them everything.

Kit Rocha Publisher
August 10, 2014
Beyond Series Book 5

I'm a huge fan of Kit Rocha! I was so excited to get a review copy of Beyond Addiction and pretty much dropped everything to read it.

Trix has always been a little bit of a mystery to me. I knew she had started over 4 years ago, but hadn't really though about who she might have left behind. However, everything changed when she was kidnapped and taken back to Sector Five. Trix and Finn see each other for the first time in 4 years. 

I loved Finn and Trix as a couple. They had amazing chemistry from the moment they saw each other again. Finn is once again in protective mode of Trix (previously Tracy)and will do everything in his power to get her safely back to Sector Four and the O'Kanes. Finn really doesn't worry about himself, but even after 4 years, Trix still has feelings for him and wants him to be safe as well. I really saw Trix as being just as protective of Finn as he was of her.

Finn must prove himself to remain in Sector Four, as Trix can only protect him so much. The cage fight scene is one of my favorites in the book. Things are changing in all the sectors and Finn must find his place in Four so he can stay with Trix. I loved watching them grow closer the more time they spent together. Their connection and chemistry only grew stronger the more time they spent together. Honestly, the sex scenes are as hot as I've come to expect from the books in this series. I loved we got to spend time with so many of my favorite characters in this book. The scenes with Lex and Dallas are another favorite for me.

My only issue was I felt like at times, Finn didn't see Trix as strong as I saw her. I think their past colored his view of her in the present. I also think he was a little too willing to put himself in harms way in the name of protection. 


Overall I loved this book a great deal. I'm excited to see what will happen to the Sectors and Eden in the next book. 

No comments: